Pestering adcomms when on Waitlist-worth the embarrassment? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CordeliusX

Bronze

Pestering adcomms when on Waitlist-worth the embarrassment?

Post by CordeliusX » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:50 pm

Part of me feels like I need to "take it like a man" and play hard to get... I'm on several WLs. I am sure the adcomms get sick of people hiring singing telegrams to get them off the WL. (I assume that's happened at some point :mrgreen: )

At the same time, is there any better chance (ie nothing to lose) to throw caution to the wind, write a weekly "I really want to go" letter and generally pester the adcomms?

tilghmab

New

Re: Pestering adcomms when on Waitlist-worth the embarrassment?

Post by tilghmab » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Professional school.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:29 pm

CordeliusX wrote:Part of me feels like I need to "take it like a man" and play hard to get... I'm on several WLs. I am sure the adcomms get sick of people hiring singing telegrams to get them off the WL. (I assume that's happened at some point :mrgreen: )

At the same time, is there any better chance (ie nothing to lose) to throw caution to the wind, write a weekly "I really want to go" letter and generally pester the adcomms?
This isn't as easy to answer as many on here would expect. In general, the rule seems to be that if you have something happen to you that you feel benefits your admissions status, send/call/email a LOCI update. Dean Pless of UIUC said once a month contact was more than sufficient. However, I know a TLS'r who last year called EVERY WEEK and was eventually admitted into the PT program and then even into the FT program. (T30) 99% of the people here would not dare attempt this, including myself. At this point, I don't think there's any harm in calling the admissions department and "feel" them out as to what's acceptable. I'm sure lot's of people will have an opinion on this, but in the end, it's your cycle. Do what YOU feel is best.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:33 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”