Explanation for Richmond's drop in ranking... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dshirs32

New

Explanation for Richmond's drop in ranking...

Post by dshirs32 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:53 am

Hey all, I will be attending Richmond in the Fall and I am extremely excited, but I must say the recent drop in ranking came as quite the surprise. I am definitely still attending, but just looking for some insight...any explanation for the drop?

KennyG

New

Re: Explanation for Richmond's drop in ranking...

Post by KennyG » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:09 pm

If you look at their overall score, it dipped 1 point from 45 to 44. I don't think it is something to be worried about.

dshirs32

New

Post by dshirs32 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks for the responses. I am definitely still very confident in Richmond, and I know that the rankings are essentially BS, good to hear that Richmond's rep is still strong

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:37 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:
dshirs32 wrote:Hey all, I will be attending Richmond in the Fall and I am extremely excited, but I must say the recent drop in ranking came as quite the surprise. I am definitely still attending, but just looking for some insight...any explanation for the drop?
Who really knows? Fact: Richmond is a great school for Virginia and the silly USNWR's fluctuations from year to year does jack to change that.
Yea, they're still the 5th best law school in the state by anyone's count. Rankings fluctuations don't change that.

bleedcubbieblue

Bronze

Post by bleedcubbieblue » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 pm

I'm kinda nervous about attending. They have dropped 18 spots over the last two years! Anyone know what's going on???

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:05 pm

bleedcubbieblue wrote:I'm kinda nervous about attending. They have dropped 18 spots over the last two years! Anyone know what's going on???
Hi there bleedcubbieblue! Your first assignment as a law student is to figure out how the U.S. News and World Report decides their rankings, then check the data used this year, last year, and the year before for Richmond Law. Once you've answered your own question (hint: it's that the U.S. News rankings are a crock of shit and fluctuations are based on often unsubstantiated and always irrelevant metrics that bear no relation to the employment prospects or respect of the institution) you're allowed to post again :P

HooCavalier

New

Post by HooCavalier » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Blindmelon wrote:
boo jersey shore wrote:
dshirs32 wrote:Hey all, I will be attending Richmond in the Fall and I am extremely excited, but I must say the recent drop in ranking came as quite the surprise. I am definitely still attending, but just looking for some insight...any explanation for the drop?
Who really knows? Fact: Richmond is a great school for Virginia and the silly USNWR's fluctuations from year to year does jack to change that.
Yea, they're still the 5th best law school in the state by anyone's count. Rankings fluctuations don't change that.

Am I the only one who laughed when they read this?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 pm

disco_barred wrote:
bleedcubbieblue wrote:I'm kinda nervous about attending. They have dropped 18 spots over the last two years! Anyone know what's going on???
Hi there bleedcubbieblue! Your first assignment as a law student is to figure out how the U.S. News and World Report decides their rankings, then check the data used this year, last year, and the year before for Richmond Law. Once you've answered your own question (hint: it's that the U.S. News rankings are a crock of shit and fluctuations are based on often unsubstantiated and always irrelevant metrics that bear no relation to the employment prospects or respect of the institution) you're allowed to post again :P
:lol: :lol: !!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”