I demand to know why the USNEWS rankings have not leaked Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
clintonius

Silver

Re: I demand to know why the USNEWS rankings have not leaked

Post by clintonius » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Bert wrote:So, there really isn't any consistency to the data at all. Some info from last year, some info from two years ago, and this info from this year make the rankings?
I'm pretty sure data consistency isn't what's wrong with USN rankings.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:37 pm

SAE wrote:
ggocat wrote:
jimicornerstone wrote:
Bert wrote:Question for all of you on the USNWR rankings. Since the 2011 rankings being released in a couple weeks are based (at least partially) on data collected about the admissions criteria (GPA, LSAT, acceptance rate, etc.) at the various schools for the class entering in 2010, how can this data possibly be completely accurate and reportable, especially considering some schools have indicated that we will not hear a response until after the USNWR rankings have posted on the internet? Is it just that the schools have made a decision and not told everybody yet? Do the rankings get corrected at some future point in time? Is it just that the portion of the overall score given to these factors is so small that changes don't really sway the rankings? I know that there is a general feeling on TLS that the USNWR rankings are to be taken with a grain of salt, but as I continue to look into this it the USNWR seems to be more and more contrived.

it's based on the class that entered Fall '09.
TITCR. And employment data will be from 2008 graduates.
Then why the heck don't they come out well before the deposit deadlines?
They used to.

honestabe84

Bronze

Post by honestabe84 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Well I guess we can forget about a leak if USNWR is going to release paper publications of the rankings after they're posted on their website. It's a lot easier to keep the rankings secure when they're not be distributed to 1000s of stores ahead of time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”