Seat Deposit Extensions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chango

Bronze

Seat Deposit Extensions

Post by chango » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:49 am

My first seat deposit is due on April 15th. I asked if I could get an extension until April 26th, and they told me "no, unless you can prove financial hardship."

Does this strike anyone else as odd?

I suppose it's possible that I'm poor on the 15th (maybe because taxes are due?) and then somehow flush with cash on the 25th (imagination running wild scenarios)....

Especially considering that they seem to have a "floating" seat deposit deadline: they told another person that his first seat deposit isn't due until April 20th.

TTH

Diamond

Re: Seat Deposit Extensions

Post by TTH » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04 am

This thread is relevant to my interests. I'm going to have a cashflow problem around my seat deposit deadline as well and would rather not put it on a credit card. Did they define the criteria for financial hardship?

chango

Bronze

Re: Seat Deposit Extensions

Post by chango » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:15 am

TipTravHoot wrote:This thread is relevant to my interests. I'm going to have a cashflow problem around my seat deposit deadline as well and would rather not put it on a credit card. Did they define the criteria for financial hardship?

No. It was over the phone and I was too flummoxed to ask for details. I had heard that many schools extend without much rigmarole, so I was caught off-guard.

I personally need the extra time not for financial reasons, but because one of my other contenders is having its admitted students day on April 23rd.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”