Likelihood of a late acceptance? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
momo_08

New

Likelihood of a late acceptance?

Post by momo_08 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I am one of those pre-law students who applied to a lot of schools (most of them slightly above reach) because of a ehh LSAT score and a median GPA, as well as having applied late (January) . I've gotten quite a few rejections which was no surprise, i'm on quite a few wait lists, again not a surprise and have been fortunate enough to also have an acceptance. However I have eight schools left to hear back from and with seat deposits due soon at most schools, I'm thinking the chance of an acceptance is getting slimmer and slimmer. I mean wouldn't a school let you know sooner if you were accepted so that you can at least think about giving their school a chance?

Just wondering if anyone was also going through this! If anyone has gone through this in the past, any insight you can offer? Share your experiences perhaps?

BTW, all the schools that i applied to were about Mid-T2 schools.

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Likelihood of a late acceptance?

Post by r6_philly » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:50 am

Don't panic yet! I think with the increased numbers of applicaitons out pacing the increased number of applicants there will be a lot of withdraws and lower yields at all schools. If you are on waitlists you may have a better chance to get in than years past. I know many lower ranked schools (than what my numbers fit) are marketing aggressively because I am receiving all sorts of waivers and offers still. If you want to be safe you can always pick a couple more safeties to send an application to.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”