"We do not have a ranked Wait List." Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
UFPilot

New

"We do not have a ranked Wait List."

Post by UFPilot » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Is this true? Can schools really have a bunch of people on their wait list and not rank it? I don't get it...do they just look at everyone on the wait list when they decide to open it up, or is this just BS?

Diamond

Re: "We do not have a ranked Wait List."

Post by 09042014 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:54 pm

UFPilot wrote:Is this true? Can schools really have a bunch of people on their wait list and not rank it? I don't get it...do they just look at everyone on the wait list when they decide to open it up, or is this just BS?
As far as I can tell they try to have a balanced class. So if a high lsat person withdraws, a high lsat person gets pulled from the WL. If a minority withdraws, a minority gets off the WL.

So yea I doubt its ranked.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
UFPilot wrote:Is this true? Can schools really have a bunch of people on their wait list and not rank it? I don't get it...do they just look at everyone on the wait list when they decide to open it up, or is this just BS?
As far as I can tell they try to have a balanced class. So if a high lsat person withdraws, a high lsat person gets pulled from the WL. If a minority withdraws, a minority gets off the WL.

So yea I doubt its ranked.
This.

goingtolawschool

New

Post by goingtolawschool » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Not sure how it works in law school, but I can tell you that my undergrad institution claimed it didn't have a ranked wait list, and I later found out that they had the first 50 wait listed applicants ranked, and then had categories of Preferred WL, Regular WL, Keep Dreaming WL, etc.

HWS08

Bronze

Post by HWS08 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Could be that they do have one and just don't want to share your rank with you...seems bizarre to me that they wouldn't at least have some sort of method to it.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:57 pm

they could just put your name on a ping pong ball, and do the same with all the other waitlistees and put them in a big bin and pull them out as needed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”