Wake Forest 2013 Scholarship Help? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
exitlane

New

Wake Forest 2013 Scholarship Help?

Post by exitlane » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Accepted 3-17-10 (applied late) with no scholarship. I have been told that wake is very generous with grant aid (merit, diversity, and need based)and that many scholarships recipients will withdraw their acceptance (LSN); these funds will be redistributed after April 1st, the deadline for scholarship recipients to deposit. I have a GPA above the 75% and an LSAT below the 25%; I am a URM (Mexican) who is very needy of funds (need based candidate for sure-living below poverty line and unemployed). In order to increase my chances at redistributed aid should I a) make my deposit before april 1st b) submit an email/phone call for my need or C) sit back and relax?

So far I have calculated at least 1.63 million to be redistributed (LSN Withdraws) to 150 students(entering class size)?

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Re: Wake Forest 2013 Scholarship Help?

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:45 pm

exitlane wrote:Accepted 3-17-10 (applied late) with no scholarship. I have been told that wake is very generous with grant aid (merit, diversity, and need based)and that many scholarships recipients will withdraw their acceptance (LSN); these funds will be redistributed after April 1st, the deadline for scholarship recipients to deposit. I have a GPA above the 75% and an LSAT below the 25%; I am a URM (Mexican) who is very needy of funds (need based candidate for sure-living below poverty line and unemployed). In order to increase my chances at redistributed aid should I a) make my deposit before april 1st b) submit an email/phone call for my need or C) sit back and relax?

So far I have calculated at least 1.63 million to be redistributed (LSN Withdraws) to 150 students(entering class size)?
Pay attention when your civ pro prof talks about horizontal choice of law.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:39 pm

exitlane wrote:Accepted 3-17-10 (applied late) with no scholarship. I have been told that wake is very generous with grant aid (merit, diversity, and need based)and that many scholarships recipients will withdraw their acceptance (LSN); these funds will be redistributed after April 1st, the deadline for scholarship recipients to deposit. I have a GPA above the 75% and an LSAT below the 25%; I am a URM (Mexican) who is very needy of funds (need based candidate for sure-living below poverty line and unemployed). In order to increase my chances at redistributed aid should I a) make my deposit before april 1st b) submit an email/phone call for my need or C) sit back and relax?

Call them after April 1st. They are exceptionally nice, and tend to be pretty upfront about things. Explain and ask what are the chances. I believe you have until April 15th to deposit.

Unadilla Kayaker

Bronze

Post by Unadilla Kayaker » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Also remember that they extend many more scholarship offers than they can pay for. Of that $1.63 million, a much smaller number is redistributed. I hope you get funds, I am one of the LSNers who withdrew with a scholarship.

loveprofusion2

New

Post by loveprofusion2 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:42 pm

i got into wake forest but have not yet received a scholarship. i emailed last week and they said at this point, all scholarship money has been redistributed (but redistribution could take place again after june's deposit deadline).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”