How do you send a scholarship negotiation? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kcg171

New

How do you send a scholarship negotiation?

Post by kcg171 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Should I put it in the body of the email and send it to the generic admissions account, or should I attach it as a word document or PDF?
Thanks!

liquidsword

New

Re: How do you send a scholarship negotiation?

Post by liquidsword » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:49 pm

I sent negotiation propositions to two schools...attached in an email. Eh, not expecting much, but won't hurt to try.

chizUFL

New

Post by chizUFL » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:03 pm

I have sent out 3 so far.

I wrote mine in Word like a regular business style letter and then attached the PDF copy to an email with the same content in the body of the email. Probably not necessary, but this gives them a good printable copy if it's an office that is still using paper.

The email address I send it to depends on who I've received email from at that school. If I have a specific contact or was notified of the scholarship by email, I use that from email. Otherwise, I just send it to the generic email address for law applicants.

I also addressed the letters to the person who notified me of any previous scholarship or admission, usually the Assistant Dean of Admissions or similar.

Shot down on one so far, no word on the other two yet.

soullesswonder

Silver

Post by soullesswonder » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:27 pm

My situation may be a little unique, since I had already met my contact in person, but I got my scholarship offer upped by 50%.

I just referenced our prior conversation, reiterated how much I enjoyed the visit, and then told him I had gotten an amazing scholarship offer that demanded my consideration. I acknowledged that the school might not be done handing our initial $$ offers, but I thought I'd pass the information along so they had plenty of time to see if I was eligible for additional funding. Fortunately, my new offer was sent to me in a file att, so I just sent that with the letter. I thought it was a polite but direct note that made my question perfectly clear without being too ham-handed.

newyorker88

Silver

Post by newyorker88 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:30 pm

I emailed mine to the general admissions committe and got good results.

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”