why we call them TTT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawschoolmike

New

why we call them TTT

Post by lawschoolmike » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, today I had a life changing experience lol.

I went to a TTT school to check it out, it was my back-up of my back-up of my back-up . I am sure you have all read comments about how you should just wait a year re-take the LSAT and reapply instead of enrolling at a TTT. Well, as it turns out this is the BEST advice ever given on this forum for anyone who is even thinking about a TTT school.

I graduated from the University of California, Irvine and today I went to a TTT private law school (offering full ride). The story begins....

I live in the suburbs near Los Angeles and the school (which I will not name) is about a hour and a half drive heading east. About 40 minutes after I pass Pasadena I notice that the buildings are disappearing, the weather is becoming warmer, the cars become trashier, sedans turn into trucks and this "barnyard" stench starts to creep into my car. I said to myself "where the f*** I'm I?" I get off at the exit and onto the main street, but before I knew it, I was in a residential area. Chain linked fences, a bunch of garage sales, no side walks and just about everyone was of one race (which I will not name). I'm thinking (hoping, really) my GPS is not working properly, but there it was.....

First I drive around the school. It is about 1/3 the size of the park which was in the middle of UC Irvine. The school is surrounded by trashy homes.... people are drying their cloths on chain linked fences. I am about to turn around and get back on the freeway but what the hell I drove this long. I get into the lobby and the sole security guard directs me to go upstairs for more information. I noticed that the library was behind his station so, I take a quick detour to check it out. A complete utter joke, it made me cherish my HIGH SCHOOL library LOL. I walk along the perimeter of the library and I stumbled upon a room named "Law Review." I look inside: a bit smaller than an average dorm room, ugly old couch and one computer with a monstrous CRT monitor. Further ahead was the computer room, at most 25 computers and one printer. Nothing much going on there, I walk out. I start looking for an elevator to head downstairs, surely there must be another floor to this library, but NOPE!

Time to go upstairs, I walk up the stairs and enter the first classroom I see. Not bad, not bad, I could tell they had just renovated the place and it was like that for most classrooms. "Student Lounge," hmmmm let's check it out. Walk in, chairs, two vending machines, a tube tv (not LCD), a few tables... that's about it. Oh, yes, there was the "community refrigerator," unbelievable, is this some kinda joke? Alright time to explore the rest of the school, I walk out of what I was assuming was the main building, I ask a student what the other buildings are? Guess what, they are not part of the school! The entire school is one building with 2 floors, the lower level is the law library and the classes are upstairs. The entire time I am thinking to myself 40k a year where are they spending this money? Obviously the school isn't benefiting!

Conclusion:
Before I visited this school, I was considering a MONEY and RANK relationship, with money having more weight. This school offered a full ride, that was their bait, to balance their uber TTT ranking. Having this experience I have completely reversed. Now I will gladly pay my 100k for Hastings and I will not say a f***ing word. Not even for immortality would I live in that neighborhood for 3 years and attend that school.

I also reflected about how fortunate I am to have lived in Irvine and now XXXXXX ( a lot of Armenians here, take a guess)

_______________REPLY __________
TO MURPH:

Elitism!? LOL if you call NOT drying your cloths on chain-linked fences ELITISM then my God, friend, where do you live?

"God forbid you have to go to school near people who dry their laundry without a dryer." LOL, man it's people like you who keep people "without a dryer" without a dryer (LOL)! Because, you make it seem as if it's OK, it's fine, it's OK to be poor! YOU are the real racist my friend not me. You are supposed to be APPALLED by the conditions of this city and question how we as Americans allowed it to happen, but people like you, THE REAL RACISTS, reduce everything to simply ELITISM and RACISM. Go ahead, point your finger at me and continue to delude yourself.

Would I want to "go to school near people who dry their laundry without a dryer" how about this.... WOULD YOU?

People like you have slammed STANDARDS soooooooooooo f***kin' low that to live in the gutter is acceptable now, and to call it a gutter is to be ELITIST! RACIST! ahhahah the maddening hilarity!

To erniesto:

1)Tell me have you ever dried cloths on a chain linked fence? Google hypocrite. LOL and to turn this into an environmental issue. Jesus F***kin Christ YOU PEOPLE WILL THROW EVERYTHING AND THE SINK TO HIDE THE ONE OBVIOUS ISSUE! POVERTY!!!!

2)Erniesto haahah my God ,now you are as deluded as everyone else! Your saying they are hanging cloths outside to "save energy" my God thats HILARIOUS. You piece of dirt, you think they do this BY CHOICE ? "Oh Gee Willykerrsss Jim they are just trying to save the enviroment!" No you piece of dirt its an economic decision ONE which you have DONE EVERYTHING TO HIDE! I know your next comment is "YOUR A RACIST, MAYBE THEY ARE DOING IT TO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT" Jesus Mary Joseph liars like you are gonna destroy this country.

"That's what he was referring to. I'd still hesitate to call it racism. It's no secret that if you are in a 90%+ black neighborhood, it's lower down on the socio-economic ladder and probably suffers from an assortment of social problems."

Never did I mention the race nor the name of the neighborhood.

BTW LOOK AT ALL YOUR ASSUMPTIONS! NEVER DID I MENTION THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL, THE CITY, THE NAME OF THE RACE and LOOK AT ALL THESE CONCLUSIONS YOU HAVE DRAWN!? HISPANICS, AFRICAN-AMERICANS, whats next!? What if I told you I was talking about Caucasians, LOL you would never believe me! You know why!? Because you are f***king racists! LOL !
Last edited by lawschoolmike on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MURPH

Silver

Re: why we call them TTT

Post by MURPH » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:21 pm

We could have learned the lesson of your story without the racism and elitism. God forbid you have to go to school near people who dry their laundry without a dryer.

youpiiz

Bronze

Post by youpiiz » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:22 pm

driers are harmful for your clothes

erniesto

Bronze

Post by erniesto » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:24 pm

MURPH wrote:We could have learned the lesson of your story without the racism and elitism. God forbid you have to go to school near people who dry their laundry without a dryer.
Or are smart enough to save energy costs (assuming they can get away with it). F-ing yuppies. I thought you died with the 90s.

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:27 pm

i can't figure out what school you are talking about. was it a cal bar school? if so why did you even go visit a school that was not aba accredited?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschoolmike

New

Post by lawschoolmike » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:47 pm

TO MURPH:

Elitism!? LOL if you call NOT drying your cloths on chain-linked fences ELITISM then my God, friend, where do you live?

"God forbid you have to go to school near people who dry their laundry without a dryer." LOL, man it's people like you who keep people "without a dryer" without a dryer (LOL)! Because, you make it seem as if it's OK, it's fine, it's OK to be poor! YOU are the real racist my friend not me. You are supposed to be APPALLED by the conditions of this city and question how we as Americans allowed it to happen, but people like you, THE REAL RACISTS, reduce everything to simply ELITISM and RACISM. Go ahead, point your finger at me and continue to delude yourself.

Would I want to "go to school near people who dry their laundry without a dryer" how about this.... WOULD YOU?

People like you have slammed STANDARDS soooooooooooo f***kin' low that to live in the gutter is acceptable now, and to call it a gutter is to be ELITIST! RACIST! ahhahah the maddening hilarity!

To erniesto:

Tell me have you ever dried cloths on a chain linked fence? Google hypocrite. LOL and to turn this into an environmental issue. Jesus F***kin Christ YOU PEOPLE WILL THROW EVERYTHING AND THE SINK TO HIDE THE ONE OBVIOUS ISSUE! POVERTY!!!!

To cubswin:
"That's what he was referring to. I'd still hesitate to call it racism. It's no secret that if you are in a 90%+ black neighborhood, it's lower down on the socio-economic ladder and probably suffers from an assortment of social problems."

Last edited by lawschoolmike on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

erniesto

Bronze

Post by erniesto » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 pm

lawschoolmike wrote:TO MURPH:

Want to put some money on the fact that these people not using a dryer will have a bigger discretionary income than you in 4 years? You know, after you graduate 180,000 in debt (from all the tuition raises) and missed out on the 15% shot on big law.

Personally I'm shocked that all those damn beatniks in California are choosing to use that free resource up in the sky all the time to dry their clothes. HOW UNPATRIOTIC to not be depleting all our limited natural resources and ever dwindling cash stores.
Last edited by erniesto on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardnal124

Bronze

Post by cardnal124 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 pm

MURPH wrote:We could have learned the lesson of your story without the racism and elitism. God forbid you have to go to school near people who dry their laundry without a dryer.
I don't seem to be able to find the part where the OP mentioned race of any sort in his original post, so I don't see where the racist part comes from.

sizzle04

New

Post by sizzle04 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:54 pm

LaVerne?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

johnstuartmill

Bronze

Post by johnstuartmill » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm sure USC Law isn't THAT bad...

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:58 pm

cardnal124 wrote:
I don't seem to be able to find the part where the OP mentioned race of any sort in his original post, so I don't see where the racist part comes from.
lawschoolmike wrote:just about everyone was of one race (which I will not name). I'm thinking (hoping, really) my GPS is not working properly, but there it was.....
That's what he was referring to. I'd still hesitate to call it racism. It's no secret that if you are in a 90%+ black neighborhood, it's lower down on the socio-economic ladder and probably suffers from an assortment of social problems.

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:00 pm

cardnal124 wrote:

then you suck at reading

cardnal124

Bronze

Post by cardnal124 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:01 pm

^^ My bad. Walls of text.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

johnstuartmill

Bronze

Post by johnstuartmill » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:06 pm

cardnal124 wrote:
I didn't catch it this first time either, but
lawschoolmike wrote:About 40 minutes after I pass Pasadena I notice that the buildings are disappearing, the weather is becoming warmer, the cars become trashier, sedans turn into trucks and this "barnyard" stench starts to creep into my car. I said to myself "where the f*** I'm I?" I get off at the exit and onto the main street, but before I knew it, I was in a residential area. Chain linked fences, a bunch of garage sales, no side walks and just about everyone was of one race (which I will not name).
Everybody knows it's okay to be racist against Mexicans as long as you don't say the word "Mexican"!

The OP reminds me of my mom, who continually says stuff like, "I don't want to go to that grocery store. Too many... *she pauses, thinking of how to put it delicately* Hispanics."
Last edited by johnstuartmill on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmaan

Bronze

Post by jmaan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:06 pm

johnstuartmill wrote:I'm sure USC Law isn't THAT bad...
lol

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 pm

To erniesto:

Tell me have you ever dried cloths on a chain linked fence? Google hypocrite. LOL and to turn this into an environmental issue. Jesus F***kin Christ YOU PEOPLE WILL THROW EVERYTHING AND THE SINK TO HIDE THE ONE OBVIOUS ISSUE! POVERTY!!!!

To cubswin:

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:08 pm

What school was it

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Hmmm. Perhaps a valid interpretation of this school but certainly not applicable to all TTT schools. I am sorry you were disappointed. It's a good thing you weren't of the "I don't need to visit. All law schools are the same." mindset.

erniesto

Bronze

Post by erniesto » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Actually, I have hung clothes out to dry. In fact I went 6 months without electricity, by choice. Then my landlord came and said I had to switch my power back on and stop hanging clothes over the balcony. Even before that I let my clothes air dry in the dorm, because to be honest, screw paying for something that happens naturally, but then the room started getting musty.

I'd do it now but the housing association here specifically states against it, and the landlord is pretty anal, not to mention we had a horrendous winter.

Are you done yet?

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:What school was it
OP starting having out-of-body experiences 40 miles east of Pasadena. According to googlemaps, that would be LaVerne (sp?). I have never been, and never plan, to go to that region of socal--but I guess that's the place OP is referring to.

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:15 pm

angioletto wrote:Hmmm. Perhaps a valid interpretation of this school but certainly not applicable to all TTT schools. I am sorry you were disappointed. It's a good thing you weren't of the "I don't need to visit. All law schools are the same." mindset.
Right. You can easily go to a TTT and spend 25k a year in COL

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:20 pm

youpiiz wrote:driers are the eternal enemy of tall people everywhere
ftfy

Mattalones

Silver

Post by Mattalones » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:24 pm

To erniesto:

To cubswin:

I don't think I'll be able to change your view, so I'll keep it short.
I have been in public service for a while and did TFA, and I have worked in very privileged settings as well. Here is one thing I've learned: You shouldn't be appalled by ANY group of people simply because of where they live.

I get where you are coming from about trying to help dire situations, but being "appalled" is too much.

ChrisC

New

Post by ChrisC » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 pm

There are TTT schools with great facilities and campuses (think many large public universities with poorly rated law schools), and some great schools with tiny or shitty campuses.

Columbia:

Mercer:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”