No Response Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
crackinthekraken

New

No Response

Post by crackinthekraken » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:59 pm

I have been admitted into a lot of the schools I applied to, but am STILL waiting on responses from my top choices (UCLA, USC, NYU, etc). Do you think it would be productive to call them and ask what's up? How should I guide that conversation? I'm not even sure what office to call.

sarlis

Silver

Re: No Response

Post by sarlis » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:00 pm

crackinthekraken wrote:I have been admitted into a lot of the schools I applied to, but am STILL waiting on responses from my top choices (UCLA, USC, NYU, etc). Do you think it would be productive to call them and ask what's up? How should I guide that conversation? I'm not even sure what office to call.
Just call the admissions office if you do call. And ask politely, don't be demanding or rude.

I don;t think it is out of line to call.

How long have you been waiting?

crackinthekraken

New

Post by crackinthekraken » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:55 am

I fired off the last of my apps in the beginning of January.

sikwitt

New

Post by sikwitt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:00 am

crackinthekraken wrote:I fired off the last of my apps in the beginning of January.

have you at least heard you're complete? You applied kinda late in the game so if you heard you're complete I'd just ride it out unless you have another school's deadline approaching.

Rock of Love

New

Post by Rock of Love » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:26 am

You have certainly not been waiting a long time, if you finished your apps in January. Many people on this board sent apps in Oct or Nov without hearing anything yet from their top choices. If you're a reach at those schools, you may be on the fence with getting in and the schools are waiting to see who confirms their attendance from their early batch of admits.

If you call the admissions office, just be polite and ask for a time line of when you might expect to hear back. To some of those admissions offices, they also won't think you've waited that long to hear back. Last year, for example, someone on this board didn't get denied at Wash U until September after classes had started, (granted, that was a YP example and not a reach).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:35 am

Are you facing any scholarship or generally decision deadlines from those schools you're already admitted to? That can be a valid reason to contact the admissions office.

Sequoia90

New

Post by Sequoia90 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:54 pm

I applied to NYU in Nov and am still waiting for a response. I wonder if it's a good sign or if they're just taking their time with the applications.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”