Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jen_said

New

Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

Post by jen_said » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Baylor with $18,000 / year (and a GPA requirement that apparently hard to maintain)

Case Western with $20,000 / year

Denver with $22,000/year

Seton Hall with $35,000 / year (I would only have to pay $8,000/year - if I could make it through 3 years in Newark.)

Also, does anyone know anything about transferring? I've been wait listed to Wake Forest and American and I REALLY want to graduate from a tier 1 school.

Thanks!

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Re: Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:39 pm

jen_said wrote:Baylor with $18,000 / year (and a GPA requirement that apparently hard to maintain)

Denver with $22,000/year

Seton Hall with $35,000 / year (I would only have to pay $8,000/year - if I could make it through 3 years in Newark.)

Also, does anyone know anything about transferring? I've been wait listed to Wake Forest and American and I REALLY want to graduate from a tier 1 school.

Thanks!
Where do you want to work? What do you want to do? Also, don't fret about the magical Tier 1.

American is an awful deal at sticker.

Seton Hall is decent because of the money. Case has a wider regional reach than the others. Denver is in a great city and does well, but ONLY in Colorado. It entirely depends upon what you want to do and where. Baylor is very, very conservative. I don't know if that matters to you, but it's just something.

jen_said

New

Post by jen_said » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
jen_said wrote:Baylor with $18,000 / year (and a GPA requirement that apparently hard to maintain)

Denver with $22,000/year

Thanks!
Where do you want to work? What do you want to do? Also, don't fret about the magical Tier 1.

American is an awful deal at sticker.

Seton Hall is decent because of the money. Case has a wider regional reach than the others. Denver is in a great city and does well, but ONLY in Colorado. It entirely depends upon what you want to do and where. Baylor is very, very conservative. I don't know if that matters to you, but it's just something.
I don't really know where I want to work, but I would like to do something with public interest (which is why Seton Hall would be great). I don't know if I want to be "stuck" in Colorado (I'm from NY). And I'm liberal.... but you can learn the most from the opposition, right?

Thanks for your response!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:32 pm

jen_said wrote:I don't really know where I want to work, but I would like to do something with public interest (which is why Seton Hall would be great). I don't know if I want to be "stuck" in Colorado (I'm from NY). And I'm liberal.... but you can learn the most from the opposition, right?

Thanks for your response!
PI = Seton Hall, since you want to have as little debt as possible. (BTW, does that scholarship have a grade stip on it?)

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Seton Hall is in New Jersey, so...don't go there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

creamedcats

Bronze

Post by creamedcats » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:23 am

I'd say this is between Seton Hall and Case Western unless you want to go to very regional schools not in 'your' region. Seton Hall is a good deal for you but it doesn't place many lawyers into PI jobs, and most people end up around NY/NJ afterwards, which might be okay for you, you can compare them all here: http://www.nalplawschoolsonline.org/

Kat.Ander

New

Post by Kat.Ander » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:30 am

Don't go to Denver. Their legal market is not doing well and DU grads are having a rough time of it. I'm probably going to Case so that would be recommendation because I don't know much about the others.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”