Chicago starts early (among others) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NDPhil

New

Chicago starts early (among others)

Post by NDPhil » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:07 am

I noticed that U Chicago begins accepting applications on September 1. I am not able to take the June 2010 LSAT, so I will be taking the exam on October 9. My question is for those who have applied in the past to Chicago and for those who are familiar with sending in applications early in cycle:

Given that LSAC estimates a three week turnaround for LSAT scores and that it appears, as a consequence, that the earliest I will get my complete application to Chicago will be early November, will there be a significant difference in terms of advantage between applying in early September vs. early December?

Thanks in advance.

kittenmittons

Silver

Re: Chicago starts early (among others)

Post by kittenmittons » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:08 am

No there will not be a significant difference in terms of advantage between September and December

ontologyfail

Bronze

Post by ontologyfail » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 am

If you're already thinking about this stuff, why will you need a month to finish putting together your app after you get your score? You can get everything done before you get your score. You can even get everything done before you take the LSAT.

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:41 am

Last edited by puppleberry finn on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NDPhil

New

Post by NDPhil » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks for the responses so far.
If you're already thinking about this stuff, why will you need a month to finish putting together your app after you get your score? You can get everything done before you get your score. You can even get everything done before you take the LSAT.
If the test is on October 9, and scores will not be reported until roughly three weeks later, the earliest I will have a complete application is early November.
But if you can't take the LSAT until October, it's a moot point--your application WILL be in November or December, not September.
Right, which is why I am wondering how much of an advantage I may be losing; it's a foregone conclusion that I will not be applying in September, as I noted.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”