Applying this late in the cycle? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thatdude222

New

Applying this late in the cycle?

Post by thatdude222 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:03 pm

I was considering applying to some schools for Fall 2010. Among these, Howard, U of Colorado, Tennesse and Georgia State Part-time program. All of these schools have March 15 or later deadlines. Is it worth it to apply to these schools at the last-minute?

kswiss

Bronze

Re: Applying this late in the cycle?

Post by kswiss » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:05 pm

Why not? If you can afford the $$, go for it. If it doesn't work out, you'll have all of your apps ready for October.

thatdude222

New

Post by thatdude222 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:18 pm

I know by this time many schools have made the majority of their admissions decisions. My numbers aren't great, so I'm just wondering how much of a waste it will be...

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:49 pm

thatdude222 wrote:I know by this time many schools have made the majority of their admissions decisions. My numbers aren't great, so I'm just wondering how much of a waste it will be...

You're boned.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:56 pm

If your numbers aren't great, you won't get in anyways. I really don't think there's much evidence that people have worse luck applying at the last minute. The only way that hurts you is if you're truly right on the fence, and potentially with scholarships.

But if your numbers aren't great at this point, you should study and retake the LSAT. If you think you can improve, take the June LSAT and apply early for 2011. If you are sure you won't improve on the LSAT or if you have already taken it three times, I would apply now and see what happens.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”