LSAC GPA surprise; Non-Transferable Credits don't count?!? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
r2b2ct

Bronze

Re: LSAC GPA surprise; Non-Transferable Credits don't count?!?

Post by r2b2ct » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:46 am

completing wrote: I majored Economics which is not a BS major like business or film studies.

I couldn't get all A+ because not all professors give out A+ even though it's on a grading scheme.

In one class, I was the only who got 100% on all tests and problem sets, and I still ended up with A. So, there it is.
I put 75 cents in a vending machine one time and got two bags of M&Ms. True story.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:58 am

completing wrote:
CMDantes wrote:
holydonkey wrote:
completing wrote:Before I transferred, I took 2 non-transferable courses, one of which I got B. The only B in my entire college life.

I despised my teacher for giving me B when I was only 0.00000001% points short of A.

I guess it didn't matter after all.
Oh, it still matters. I bet that professor still laughs about it every night. ha ha ha. ha ha ha. Always laughing at your B. ha ha ha. ha ha ha. They sit in their chair and ask, "remember when I gave that kid a B, hon?" And their spouse responds, "sure do! what a rube!!!"

And rightfully so. Seriously, who gets a B?
+1000

I laughed at this, freaking kid bragging his 4.0
[strike]I thought I'd be getting lower LSAC GPA because a lot of members in this forum just say "all grades counts with no exception"

It was quite a surprise for me when I saw the report. So,[/strike] I wanted to share the story with others.

[strike]Sorry if you think[/strike] I was bragging. [strike]But please don't be a jackass.[/strike]
Apology accepted. Enjoy Yale.

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 am

Seriously though, congrats man. Don't mess up the LSAT, enjoy T1, and enjoy a life of being rich and awesome if you do things right.

We're just hating on you because we weren't quite so dedicated throughout college. Or at least I know I wasn't, that first year really screwed up my LSAC gpa.

shl023

New

Post by shl023 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi. I actually have 2 classes that I took in community college that I DID NOT add into my lsac gpa because I also thought non-transferable credits do not count. They are actually very low level math classes that I had to retake in college a whiiiiiile back because I had forgetten how to do them: intermediate algebra and trigonometry (they are high school level math).
I would love to add these grades into my lsac gpa considering I got As in both classes but I was always under the impression I shouldn't.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4823316_calcula ... sions.html

I don't know how legit the above site is but step #6 says "any college course will count towards your GPA IF it counts toward your undergrad degree". I took that as if they are non-transferable, do not add them in (much like the OP said).

Can anyone give me a hand on this? I know alot of these forums say "ALL GRADES must be added" but I am not too sure if that is true.. Thanks.

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 pm

shl023 wrote:Hi. I actually have 2 classes that I took in community college that I DID NOT add into my lsac gpa because I also thought non-transferable credits do not count. They are actually very low level math classes that I had to retake in college a whiiiiiile back because I had forgetten how to do them: intermediate algebra and trigonometry (they are high school level math).
I would love to add these grades into my lsac gpa considering I got As in both classes but I was always under the impression I shouldn't.

I don't know how legit the above site is but step #6 says "any college course will count towards your GPA IF it counts toward your undergrad degree". I took that as if they are non-transferable, do not add them in (much like the OP said).

Can anyone give me a hand on this? I know alot of these forums say "ALL GRADES must be added" but I am not too sure if that is true.. Thanks.
LSAC calculates your GPA for you, you just send them the transcripts. It is out of your hands.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shl023

New

Post by shl023 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:19 pm

kswiss wrote:
shl023 wrote:Hi. I actually have 2 classes that I took in community college that I DID NOT add into my lsac gpa because I also thought non-transferable credits do not count. They are actually very low level math classes that I had to retake in college a whiiiiiile back because I had forgetten how to do them: intermediate algebra and trigonometry (they are high school level math).

LSAC calculates your GPA for you, you just send them the transcripts. It is out of your hands.
Hi. Sorry I am very new to this. I recently decided to go to law school and am just beginning to study lsat. Can I submit my college transcripts anytime to lsac to find out my lsac gpa or must this be done during the time of applying to the schools.? Little more information such as websites on where to get more info, send it to, when, how etc would be very appreciated. Thank you.

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm

shl023 wrote:
kswiss wrote:

Hi. Sorry I am very new to this. I recently decided to go to law school and am just beginning to study lsat. Can I submit my college transcripts anytime to lsac to find out my lsac gpa or must this be done during the time of applying to the schools.? Little more information such as websites on where to get more info, send it to, when, how etc would be very appreciated. Thank you.
You need an LSAC.org account to apply, take the LSAT, etc. You send them all of your materials and they compile a LSDAS report that is sent to the law schools when you apply. They also handle your letters of recommendation. When you are ready to apply, you pay your app fees and do the applications within LSAC.org also.

shl023

New

Post by shl023 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:41 pm

kswiss wrote:
shl023 wrote:
kswiss wrote:

You need an LSAC.org account to apply, take the LSAT, etc. You send them all of your materials and they compile a LSDAS report that is sent to the law schools when you apply. They also handle your letters of recommendation. When you are ready to apply, you pay your app fees and do the applications within LSAC .org also.
Thanks for the great info. I just checked it out. Just to clarify, I am guessing I can send my transcripts anytimes (even if I am no where near prepared to take the lsat) to find out my lsac gpa?

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:47 pm

shl023 wrote: Thanks for the great info. I just checked it out. Just to clarify, I am guessing I can send my transcripts anytimes (even if I am no where near prepared to take the lsat) to find out my lsac gpa?
You probably have to have an acct first, which costs $$.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”