Multimedia App? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Close Diamond

Bronze

Multimedia App?

Post by Close Diamond » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:33 am

Hypothetical: A nationally syndicated radio program broadcasts a story about you. The story is positive and highlights some aspects of your history and peronsality that imply an aptitude for law school and a career in law.

Do you mention this stoy in your LS application? If so, how (e.g. simply refer to it in your PS, provide a link to the story on the show's website, send an mp3)?

liberty

New

Re: Multimedia App?

Post by liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:53 am

They don't like articles so I don't think they'll like radio programs either.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:52 am

Close Diamond wrote:Hypothetical: A nationally syndicated radio program broadcasts a story about you. The story is positive and highlights some aspects of your history and peronsality that imply an aptitude for law school and a career in law.

Do you mention this stoy in your LS application? If so, how (e.g. simply refer to it in your PS, provide a link to the story on the show's website, send an mp3)?
Can you get a LOR from the producer or something like that.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:13 am

I'd put it in the resume under "achievements" or "recognitions" or something similiar. You can even list a link in there to the actual recording. You can even list a simple abstract if you want.

I listed publications about my achievements and me (WE related) on my resume under achievements.

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:24 am

impossible is nothing; let the station do its thing.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:52 am

seriously, If you include a CD they might throw it out without listening to it. Or they might listen. On the same note they will probably look at your LSAT and GPA and throw the rest of your shit away. Just send it with a brief note explaining what it is and hope for the best.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”