Application Mistake Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tzimar01

New

Application Mistake

Post by tzimar01 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:20 pm

So, during the snowstorm I decided to spend the day finishing the rest of my law school applications that I have been putting off. When I finished them all, I realized that I dated them all 02/09/09 instead of 02/09/10. Need some advice on what I should do, I mean its really not a big deal but I doubt law schools want to let some kid in who can't even read a calender.

shanejamin

New

Re: Application Mistake

Post by shanejamin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:23 pm

I kind of doubt they'll notice or care. They're reading 7,000 applications or so. They certainly won't hold it against you.

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Post by devilishangelrjp » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:24 pm

tzimar01 wrote:So, during the snowstorm I decided to spend the day finishing the rest of my law school applications that I have been putting off. When I finished them all, I realized that I dated them all 02/09/09 instead of 02/09/10. Need some advice on what I should do, I mean its really not a big deal but I doubt law schools want to let some kid in who can't even read a calender.
Well, it's not like you had to read a calendar to know what year you were in. You didn't mess up the date itself, just the year. I don't think people are going to look at it that closely. It happens. At most, they'll think you were not as careful as you could be. Embarrassing it might be, but I'm not sure it would be enough for them to reject you in itself.

tzimar01

New

Post by tzimar01 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Cool, thanks. I thought it would be a little ridiculous to call admissions or something over it.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:08 pm

I would call the dean of the law school (not the dean of admissions) and inform him/her of this mistake. this will raise the profile of your application and will get you either an immediate acceptance or rejections, which is good because at least you will know sooner rather than later.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:55 pm

adameus wrote:I would call the dean of the law school (not the dean of admissions) and inform him/her of this mistake. this will raise the profile of your application and will get you either an immediate acceptance or rejections, which is good because at least you will know sooner rather than later.
lol Gotta love the helpful TLS responses

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:41 pm

adameus wrote:I would call the dean of the law school (not the dean of admissions) and inform him/her of this mistake. this will raise the profile of your application and will get you either an immediate acceptance or rejections, which is good because at least you will know sooner rather than later.

hsprophet

Bronze

Post by hsprophet » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:25 am

If it makes any difference, then shame on the adcomms.

I made that mistake, too. I got my apps in at the beginning of January, and I'm sure it's kinda expected for people to make the mistake then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”