Addendum or not? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
akroll

New

Addendum or not?

Post by akroll » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:26 pm

I have a marijuana paraphernalia possession charge from my freshman year of college on my record. It was later expunged.

I AM writing an addendum describing the circumstances of the charge for the Character portion of my applications, because there is always a question that relates to your criminal record. They often specifically note that you should disclose cases even when the charge was expunged.

There is also a question that relates to disciplinary actions taken by your school against you.

I am not sure whether to write an addendum concerning my status with my school's Office of Student Conduct. I was on probation withheld and drug tested for a year, after which my disciplinary file was VOIDED. I spoke to someone at the Office about voided files who said that, if schools were to contact them in regards to a student's status, they would tell them there is no file on record.

What are your thoughts on this? Another addendum or no?

hsprophet

Bronze

Re: Addendum or not?

Post by hsprophet » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Yes.

There WAS disciplinary action, voided or not. Err on the side of caution and disclose. Not disclosing just because you don't think they'll find out is a bad excuse.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”