DAMN YOU LAW SCHOOL SPAM!! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
onetimeonly95

New

DAMN YOU LAW SCHOOL SPAM!!

Post by onetimeonly95 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:52 pm

If I get one more email from a TTT, I will go crazy!! This is ridiculous. I hate having my heart skip a beat to a new email only to find out that I'm being solicited by some T4s.All I want are some decisions, is that too much to ask? Smh..

usuaggie

Silver

Re: DAMN YOU LAW SCHOOL SPAM!!

Post by usuaggie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:01 pm

onetimeonly95 wrote:If I get one more email from a TTT, I will go crazy!! This is ridiculous. I hate having my heart skip a beat to a new email only to find out that I'm being solicited by some T4s.All I want are some decisions, is that too much to ask? Smh..
I got one saying that they were "regionally accredited." That sounds like a good idea to drop 150 G's on.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:26 pm

I'm tired of Penn State chats and news from Detroit Mercy.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 pm

kalvano wrote:I'm tired of Penn State chats and news from Detroit Mercy.
+1

Also, Florida Coastal

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:31 pm

I know this is snobby but I always feel vaguely insulted when really bad schools email me. The stuff that comes in the mail is even worse. The other day I thought I was getting a scholarship package from BU Law and after I opened it discovered it was a viewbook from RU Law.

twert

Bronze

Post by twert » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Its Oklahoma City or something crazy like that that won't leave me alone

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:35 pm

twert wrote:Its Oklahoma City or something crazy like that that won't leave me alone

They've killed a small forest sending me stuff.

I've gotten 3 packets like that.

bissey

Bronze

Post by bissey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:37 pm

I see you keep them next to your liquor.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:37 pm

I get something from Detroit Mercy at least once a week. Not sure why. I've never expressed an interest in Detroit or mercy.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:41 pm

GW has email me twice in the past two weeks asking me to apply. I have no idea why since im an auto reject. Im thinking of replying and asking for a fee waiver (do they even give them out?) just for the hell of it.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:47 pm

moandersen wrote:GW has email me twice in the past two weeks asking me to apply. I have no idea why since im an auto reject. Im thinking of replying and asking for a fee waiver (do they even give them out?) just for the hell of it.
GWU is robably just trying to up their "selectivity rating" for the rankings. But if you are URM, you never know. Maybe that or something else in your profile, like a gnarly upward grade trend, piqued their interest. GWU really emphasizes your last two years of school, so maybe that did it. Apply and see what happens. We can only toake your word for it on the auto reject since only you know your numbers. But you should still give it a shot. What if you get in? If your essays are really good it can happen.

But back to the OP...

I am sick of Pacific, Texas Tech, NYLS, Michigan State, Charlotte, LSU, and Loyola New Orleans

But the worst offenders are Phoenix Law, Florida Coastal, Valporaiso, Liberty, and Cooley. They have to know I would never attend their schools with my numbers. Why are they wasting time, space and Paper?!
Last edited by PDaddy on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:49 pm

G-mail filters FTW

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

portena

Bronze

Post by portena » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:52 pm

kalvano wrote:
twert wrote:Its Oklahoma City or something crazy like that that won't leave me alone

I LOVE Root: 1. Good stuff!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Thank you.

That's the kitchen counter where we keep the regular stuff. I have a cabinet above with the good stuff.

AliceB

New

Post by AliceB » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:04 pm

moandersen wrote:GW has email me twice in the past two weeks asking me to apply. I have no idea why since im an auto reject. Im thinking of replying and asking for a fee waiver (do they even give them out?) just for the hell of it.
I asked for a fee waiver, which they denied. Two weeks later they started mailing me packets and cards asking me to apply. wtf.

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Ohio Northern invites me to live-chats every week. They are also the only emails that my virus checker says are unsafe to open and directly after I opened it anyway (I mean, they are a law school for Chrissakes) my computer got taken over by a virus and I had to spend 180 to get it fixed. I hate them.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:11 pm

PDaddy wrote:
GWU is robably just trying to up their "selectivity rating" for the rankings. But if you are URM, you never know. Maybe that or something else in your profile, like a gnarly upward grade trend, piqued their interest. GWU really emphasizes your last two years of school, so maybe that did it. Apply and see what happens. We can only toake your word for it on the auto reject since only you know your numbers. But you should still give it a shot. What if you get in? If your essays are really good it can happen.
No URM (though a minority), definitely no upward grade trend (straight B/B+ student, though I did get 1 C my last semester of ug). my numbers are in my profile, which are auto-reject numbers for gw. Plus, even if I do get in somehow, im not going to pay sticker and wind up 120k+ debt.

oh, and i just received spam from u detroit mercy and u of cincinnati
Last edited by moandersen on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:17 pm

speak of the devil! just got a detroit mercy as we speak. Damn UDC stop scaring me!

BruceBarr

Bronze

Post by BruceBarr » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 pm

portena wrote:
kalvano wrote:

I LOVE Root: 1. Good stuff!
I've gotten over 15 packets... even one from Cooley. Which, might I say, had a large flower on the front. I think it was a daisy.

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:26 pm

kalvano wrote:

I have that same set of knives

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ApexChaser

Bronze

Post by ApexChaser » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:28 pm

"Valparaiso Law would like to receive your application"

Contrary to the Cheap Trick song, I do not want you to want me; I want to want you.

Detroit Mercy and Quinnipiac have given me the "OH! LAW school email! Oh....." false alarm a few times now.

acdisagod

Bronze

Post by acdisagod » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Detroit Mercy is the worst offender.

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:54 pm

The most annoying one for me are the ones from Candy at University of Phoenix about how she can only hold that scholarship for me for a few more weeks . . . also, got a big pamphlet inviting me to Cooley's open house today.
Last edited by amputatedbrain on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

somethingclever

New

Post by somethingclever » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:54 pm

AliceB wrote:
I asked for a fee waiver, which they denied. Two weeks later they started mailing me packets and cards asking me to apply. wtf.
I emailed them early to get a fee waiver as I´m above medians and BU gave me one. Apparently GW does not give merit based fee waivers or so they say. Gave me some bs about it not being fair. I did drop the $ bc i needed another backup and thankfully i got in.

If they give you a waiver i want to know about it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”