certification letter for T-14? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zenaida

New

certification letter for T-14?

Post by zenaida » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:42 am

hey everyone,

I'm rushing to submit b/c I have to get to the train station issues w/ my sister.

Do T-14 actually require you to print out and turn in your certification letter? I clicked the box yet I still get a PDF of it. Let me know!

mb88

Bronze

Re: certification letter for T-14?

Post by mb88 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:51 pm

Maybe I'm just dense, but what's a certification letter?

Edit: If you mean a Dean's letter/certification, I'd imagine it's different for every school.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:01 pm

I don't know about Harvard and Yale, but only Stanford should require a dean's cert, unless academic issues have come up and then you need one from NYU, Duke, and Cornell too.

And yes, you need to print out this form and provide it to your undergrad (faxing it should be fine). Make sure they know it needs to be completed as soon as possible since these can sometimes take awhile to get done.

zenaida

New

Post by zenaida » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:58 pm

thanks for the info but what I was referring to is not the dean's certification. For example, for HLS you have this form called certification letter that says I admit everything is true blah blah i enclose payment or have paid online and there's a line to sign and date.

What i was wondering is if i do it via LSAC and then click that box before checkout that everything is true, do i need to send anything else via snail mail? I know about stanford but what about the other schools ...for T-14 if u do LSAC basic app w/ no supplemental early decision or in state etc. did you guys mail anything else?

zenaida

New

Post by zenaida » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:00 pm

thanks for the info but what I was referring to is not the dean's certification. For example, for HLS you have this form called certification letter that says I admit everything is true blah blah i enclose payment or have paid online and there's a line to sign and date.

What i was wondering is if i do it via LSAC and then click that box before checkout that everything is true, do i need to send anything else via snail mail? I know about stanford but what about the other schools ...for T-14 if u do LSAC basic app w/ no supplemental early decision or in state etc. did you guys mail anything else?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”