LOR HELP NEEDED Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WTR123

New

LOR HELP NEEDED

Post by WTR123 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:00 pm

I have 2 big questions about LORs:

1) I just received a letter from a previous employer, who (as he was in a rush and going on vacation to Barbados for 3 weeks) asked if I could just fax the letter to LSAC myself. Not wanting to upset the man who just wrote me a glowing recommendation, I simply said yes. My question: Can I do this? Does it break any rules? I mean, there's no way that LSAC will be able to tell WHO sent the letter is it's faxed, so does it matter?

2) I've already applied to a couple schools (I already had 2 other LORs), so can I add the new one and have it sent through LSDAS to the schools I've already applied to? Or should I just snail-mail it to them?

luckyjd

Bronze

Re: LOR HELP NEEDED

Post by luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:04 pm

WTR123 wrote:I have 2 big questions about LORs:

1) I just received a letter from a previous employer, who (as he was in a rush and going on vacation to Barbados for 3 weeks) asked if I could just fax the letter to LSAC myself. Not wanting to upset the man who just wrote me a glowing recommendation, I simply said yes. My question: Can I do this? Does it break any rules? I mean, there's no way that LSAC will be able to tell WHO sent the letter is it's faxed, so does it matter?

2) I've already applied to a couple schools (I already had 2 other LORs), so can I add the new one and have it sent through LSDAS to the schools I've already applied to? Or should I just snail-mail it to them?
1. If it's signed -- fax it. I mailed mine in for two of the LOR because they gave me the completed forms.

2. Yes, I believe they ONLY accept LORs through LSDAS (at least that's what some of the schools emphasized).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”