How to get off a waiting list? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sternc

Bronze

How to get off a waiting list?

Post by sternc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:33 pm

So I just got WL at one of my top choices. It is disappointing but not too surprising. I was around 35% LSAT and 75th-85th% GPA. My question, if anyone has any insight, is how to go about to actively attempt to get off the list. Should I email/snail mail admissions explaining continued interest? How about a face to face visit? Just let it be for some time? Also, is it a good idea to ask admissions about specific parts of my application? More specifically, I want to get a feel for how much an unresolved DUI case had on my application decision. Thanks for any help yall give.

TTH

Diamond

Re: How to get off a waiting list?

Post by TTH » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Ask OS. I think she wrote something in the Content Competition forum about this.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:42 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:Ask OS. I think she wrote something in the Content Competition forum about this.
The answer to every question on TLS is not "ask OS," lol. <3

Deadatheist and I put together a compendium of our best advice in this thread. She got into Hastings with numbers that were near the auto-ding range, and she is one of the more amazing people on here:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =2&t=70902

Good luck! This is very doable.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:44 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:Ask OS. I think she wrote something in the Content Competition forum about this.
The answer to every question on TLS is not "ask OS," lol. <3
It was either that or go find that thread myself. I feel like I made the right decision. :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”