Could it hurt to take extra LSAT Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kickincane21

Bronze

Could it hurt to take extra LSAT

Post by kickincane21 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:31 pm

So I've already sent off all my applications for Fall start date and have received a few acceptances and scholarships, but hoping to get a little more and get off a WL or two.

I assume even the schools that haven't made a decision yet have my complete file and will review it by end of Feb....so if I take a Feb LSAT and mess up badly I assume they will have already made a decision by then and won't revoke any decision made....on the other hand if I improve my score a few points even I hope I can use that to get off of WL or convince schools to up my scholarships....any flaw in this reasoning??

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Re: Could it hurt to take extra LSAT

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:42 pm

kickincane21 wrote:So I've already sent off all my applications for Fall start date and have received a few acceptances and scholarships, but hoping to get a little more and get off a WL or two.

I assume even the schools that haven't made a decision yet have my complete file and will review it by end of Feb....so if I take a Feb LSAT and mess up badly I assume they will have already made a decision by then and won't revoke any decision made....on the other hand if I improve my score a few points even I hope I can use that to get off of WL or convince schools to up my scholarships....any flaw in this reasoning??
One of our very own on this website, Dresdendoll, managed to do that by improving her LSAT in February by a few points (hit a 173) and was accepted rather late to Chicago. Yes, a positive score can move you off a waitlist. It isn't a guarantee, but it can be very helpful. It has also taken people on these boards off of WLs and given them scholarships, if the score was good enough. Best of luck with the retake!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”