Application Advice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gonzonater

New

Application Advice

Post by gonzonater » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:02 am

I will be taking the LSAT Feb 6th, and I haven't really started the application process yet. ie I haven't written my PS, and my teachers have yet to send my recs. I started studying for the LSAT jan 4th, and I have taken 4 prep tests since then (149/151/158/160). My uggpa is 3.21 from a large public, degree in Economics. Any advice on what I should do?

Wait until next cycle, and if I do that, what should I do in the gap year?

Quickest way to up my LSAT score?

Best job/internship to pursue to help my chances of being admitted?

Any help would be seriously appreciated! Thank you!

Cupidity

Gold

Re: Application Advice

Post by Cupidity » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

Many schools won't take the february LSAT, so step one...find out the schools that will.

If you like one of those and get in, then do so. But that late in the cycle it will be very hard, so be prepared to wait a year.

gonzonater

New

Post by gonzonater » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:17 am

Cupidity wrote:Many schools won't take the february LSAT, so step one...find out the schools that will.

If you like one of those and get in, then do so. But that late in the cycle it will be very hard, so be prepared to wait a year.
Dang, does reapplying hurt your chances the second time around? Say I apply now to a school that accepts feb LSAT, get denied, then reapply asap next cycle?

roundabout

Bronze

Post by roundabout » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:46 pm

I don't know about the reapplication, but why not take a year off and wait until next cycle? It would be really stressful to get all that stuff together right away, and you would have several months to get a job or internship lined up. Do something you're passionate about, then write your PS about it next year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”