Letter of Recommendation Advice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TenTen

New

Letter of Recommendation Advice

Post by TenTen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:55 pm

So I know similar posts have been made, but I have a couple different questions. To make a long story short, I gave my recommenders all of the LSAC info around the end of October and 2 out of the 3 have been posted to my account. I have reminded my final recommender about 3 times and each time he has stated that he will submit it the following week; however, this has not happened. At this point I am just a little frustrated and am considering what I should do.

Basically, I have already submitted all of my applications (I hope this won't have a negative effect). I am wondering for the ones that I have assigned all 3 letters, will my applications be held up?

If so, should I just remove his letter from the assignment list on LSAC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

studylaw7

New

Re: Letter of Recommendation Advice

Post by studylaw7 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:29 am

TenTen wrote:So I know similar posts have been made, but I have a couple different questions. To make a long story short, I gave my recommenders all of the LSAC info around the end of October and 2 out of the 3 have been posted to my account. I have reminded my final recommender about 3 times and each time he has stated that he will submit it the following week; however, this has not happened. At this point I am just a little frustrated and am considering what I should do.

Basically, I have already submitted all of my applications (I hope this won't have a negative effect). I am wondering for the ones that I have assigned all 3 letters, will my applications be held up?

If so, should I just remove his letter from the assignment list on LSAC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

call lsac and ask.

pleasetryagain

Silver

Re: Letter of Recommendation Advice

Post by pleasetryagain » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:50 am

Im fairly certain that LSAC will send your stuff out with 2 LORs since most schools only require two. On the other hand, the schools to which you have three letters assigned wont complete your app until they get the third, unless you ask them to not wait on the third before starting the review process. This info comes straight from some apps but, regardless, you should call LSAC to verify.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”