Just realized mistake on applications, would love advice! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lew2010

New

Just realized mistake on applications, would love advice!

Post by lew2010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 am

I sent out a majority of my law school applications today, and I just realized that I titled my addendum for my noise violation addenda (the plural) as opposed to addendum. I don’t know what I was thinking other than I wasn’t, but I’m applying to pretty much the bottom half of the t14 and the rest of the t20, and I know that little mistakes can screw you over. Is it worth sending an addendum with addenda switched to addendum in the title to each school and explaining that I accidently sent a draft and to please look at my final copy? I also titled it addenda in the title of the electronic attachment, so they might be able to see my mistake regardless.

Thanks so much!

vespertiliovir

Bronze

Re: Just realized mistake on applications, would love advice!

Post by vespertiliovir » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:14 am

I wouldn't freak out about it. I think it's pretty unlikely that'll keep you out of any school, let alone all of them.

suncan99

New

Post by suncan99 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:15 am

i won't worry about it.. i know people with grammar and even typo errors and they got in to even the top schools nevertheless...

sending an addenda will just raise an unnecessary alarm to the school, and it also shows your carelessness, so i won't advice you doing it...

on the other hand i've known people who emailed the school immediately telling them that they submitted an incorrect version, and some schools replied saying that you can send them an updated version, but many schools i know do not replace your old version, they simply add in the new version to your file... which only makes things look bad in my opinion...

vespertiliovir

Bronze

Post by vespertiliovir » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:17 am

suncan99 wrote:sending an addenda
Lawl at making same mistake as OP

ben1185

New

Post by ben1185 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:26 am

You're fine... I wrote plead instead of pled/pleaded in my actual addendum and still got into T14 schools. They won't check file names for grammar mistakes. And even if they see it won't care. Most likely it gets printed by a secretary, then goes into your file where it's read by adcoms.

Trifles

Bronze

Post by Trifles » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:29 am

This is exactly why I deleted all of my essays, etc. once I was done applying. I don't want to find some stupid meaningless thing to obsess over. Calm down OP! Trifles says you will be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”