Questions about GPA Addendum Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fwilliamgreen

New

Questions about GPA Addendum

Post by fwilliamgreen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:16 pm

I have a 2.9-3.0 LSDAS GPA with very minor upward trend. Graduated in June 09 No legitimate excuse, simply lack of maturity. Should I write an addendum? If so, what should I focus on? I am a big splitter, does that affect what I write? Thanks for the help, I am trying to submit in the next few days and am not sure what I should do.

BenJ

Silver

Re: Questions about GPA Addendum

Post by BenJ » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 pm

No. It won't help. You'd need to have a really, really good reason or at least a very strong upward trend for it to be worthwhile.

fwilliamgreen

New

Post by fwilliamgreen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks for your help, how about a 6 point increase on LSAT from September to December? I was very sick in September, do they even care?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:43 pm

fwilliamgreen wrote:Thanks for your help, how about a 6 point increase on LSAT from September to December? I was very sick in September, do they even care?
They will care about you being sick, but you need to explain why you did not cancel the score as well. (Financial reasons, did not expect to have the opportunity to retake, fever made you delusional, etc.)

fwilliamgreen

New

Post by fwilliamgreen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Because I think canceling a score is a little neurotic... I suppose I cannot say that however.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”