Visiting After Waitlist/Deferral Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Pearalegal

Silver

Visiting After Waitlist/Deferral

Post by Pearalegal » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:02 am

So, has anyone done it to a positive resolution?

I'm thinking about making the trek up to Ithaca next Friday after reading on their website they will help you set up your own visit whenever you want, complete with a student led tour and visiting a class.

Does it come off as delusional/desperate/arrogant to do this before being admitted? When I was a senior in college, I applied to a reach school early decision, and visited before the decision date. When I got my admissions package, the counsel had written a little note about how much she enjoyed meeting me and that she had known I'd be a great fit for the school after she sat down with me.

Yes, I know that that was college and this is law school. But...I'm...desperate.

If I do go up, is there a natural way for me to sit down and ask some questions about the school/hack into the computers and accept myself.

Anyways, suggestions? Personal little tid bits?

Pearalegal

Silver

Re: Visiting After Waitlist/Deferral

Post by Pearalegal » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:24 am

*cough*

jmaan

Bronze

Post by jmaan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:32 am

did you mean senior in high school?? lol

I cant tell you from experience and would also like to hear a story about it working out for somebody but everything I've ever read on the topic says it can only help and if u've been WL/Deferred that it is recommended to visit if at all possible.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:37 am

I would say it depends on how competitive your numbers are for Cornell, i.e. is your WL merely a soft rejection or do you actually have a chance of getting off it?

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 am

Are these visits for before or after a decision about your application has been made? The title of the thread conflicts with what you propose in the first post.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”