Just applied this week - lost chance? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BlairLeigh

New

Just applied this week - lost chance?

Post by BlairLeigh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:11 am

I just applied to my schools this week and although I know Im not late, im probably later then most. How bad does this affect me? Do you think they have already accepted most spots by now? Im not sure how all of this app process works ... =(

Thanks!

General Tso

Gold

Re: Just applied this week - lost chance?

Post by General Tso » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:14 am

BlairLeigh wrote:I just applied to my schools this week and although I know Im not late, im probably later then most. How bad does this affect me? Do you think they have already accepted most spots by now? Im not sure how all of this app process works ... =(

Thanks!
You are probably okay. I applied in late Jan. last year and it only hurt me at a couple of schools.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:47 am

BlairLeigh wrote:I just applied to my schools this week and although I know Im not late, im probably later then most. How bad does this affect me? Do you think they have already accepted most spots by now? Im not sure how all of this app process works ... =(

Thanks!
It really depends. If you're applying at the T14, it will probably hurt your chances a bit. If you're applying anywhere else, I don't think it will matter much. It really only matters, I think, if you are on the fence, such as having an LSAT or GPA right at the school's median. If you have a LSAT a point or two above median, I doubt applying now is going to hurt you at all.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:54 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”