Potential consequences for delaying my lsat test date? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mihk1151

New

Potential consequences for delaying my lsat test date?

Post by mihk1151 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:46 am

Hey everyone, I have initially signed up for the December'09 LSAT test date, but due to my lack of confidence, I decided that it would be best for me to push back the test date to the Feb 2010 slot. I thought I would be better prepared by this time since I was planning to dedicate 4 - 6 hours of study time per day, 5 days a week. Unfortunately (or forunately), 3 months ago, I received and accepted a job offer from a big 4 accounting firm, and consequently, I have not able to follow my study plan. Now, I am still studying for the LSAT and still want to go to law school, but I just know I won't be ready for it by Feb. My question is this, if I were to push back my test date to June 2010, can law schools somehow see that I have delayed my LSAT test date twice, and thus, look negatively on my application? I am in a dire need to have this question answered, so it would be great if you all provide me with your inputs! Thanks in advance!

Diamond

Re: Potential consequences for delaying my lsat test date?

Post by 09042014 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:49 am

mihk1151 wrote:Hey everyone, I have initially signed up for the December'09 LSAT test date, but due to my lack of confidence, I decided that it would be best for me to push back the test date to the Feb 2010 slot. I thought I would be better prepared by this time since I was planning to dedicate 4 - 6 hours of study time per day, 5 days a week. Unfortunately (or forunately), 3 months ago, I received and accepted a job offer from a big 4 accounting firm, and consequently, I have not able to follow my study plan. Now, I am still studying for the LSAT and still want to go to law school, but I just know I won't be ready for it by Feb. My question is this, if I were to push back my test date to June 2010, can law schools somehow see that I have delayed my LSAT test date twice, and thus, look negatively on my application? I am in a dire need to have this question answered, so it would be great if you all provide me with your inputs! Thanks in advance!

They won't know, nor would they care. Start studying for June now, but do it in small increments. Cramming with a full time job is hell, its what I did.

mihk1151

New

Re: Potential consequences for delaying my lsat test date?

Post by mihk1151 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Great thanks for your input! It really is hard to juggle between working as a full time employee and studying, but I am trying to do it at a moderate pace without burning out, hopefully it will pay off! Thanks again for your answer.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”