Chance Me Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thatguyyouknow

New

Chance Me

Post by thatguyyouknow » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:18 am

Please chance me. I have a 3.35 with a upward grade trend (3.7 junior year and a 3.9 senior year) and a 170 LSAT. Thanks!

Cornell
UCLA
Georgetown
Fordham
NYU
GWU
Villanova
BU
BC

SandyC877

Bronze

Re: Chance Me

Post by SandyC877 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:34 am

i would but there is a separate Chance Me section titled "What are my chances?"

so I wont.

By the way, are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:39 am

SandyC877 wrote:i would but there is a separate Chance Me section titled "What are my chances?"

so I wont.

By the way, are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
huh?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:09 am

SandyC877 wrote:i would but there is a separate Chance Me section titled "What are my chances?"

so I wont.

:lol:

Anyway, this belongs in a different section, but I'll do it.

Cornell: In
UCLA: In
Georgetown: In
Fordham: In $$$
NYU: WL -> In
GWU: In $$$
Villanova: In $$$$$ (You're much better than Villanova, don't bother applying unless you absolutely need the free ride.)
BU: In
BC: In

This is assuming you write a decent addendum about your upward grade trend. I basically judged you on about a 3.6 GPA, which is more or less where I think the law schools will judge you as well, maybe a little higher if you have a really good explanation for the grade trend. You might want to try throwing some apps at some other T14 schools in addition to Cornell, NYU and Georgetown just to see what sticks. It looks like you want NYC or DC in the long run, so definitely apply to Columbia and UVA. (Despite being in Charlottesville, UVA has better DC placement than Georgetown.)

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:15 am

I think you are out at NYU.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:19 am

Ragged wrote:I think you are out at NYU.
+1 My numbers are slightly better and I'm not even going to bother applying to NYU.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:24 am

Out for sure at NYU, probably in everywhere else (maybe WL at Cornell or GULC depending). Should also apply to UVA, Penn, Mich, and Duke if possible to increase odds of acceptance at a top school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”