UConn's Supplementary Form? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
as stars burn

Silver

UConn's Supplementary Form?

Post by as stars burn » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:11 am

What is with the University of Connecticut's supplementary form? I just realized it as I was finishing up their tedious application and now I'm going to have to forgo applying because I live 3 hours from my college and won't be able to have them physically fill out this form. It seems a little ridiculous. Mailing it is not an option because I don't even know how to explain the form to them, and frankly, I don't have enough time to mail it to them, have them mail it back (because they'll charge me and arm and a leg for them to mail it), and then mail it to UConn.

I just spent 2 hours on their application. I just had to vent.

OGR3

Silver

Re: UConn's Supplementary Form?

Post by OGR3 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:48 am

That form is the reason I decided to not apply to UConn.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:51 am

OGR3 wrote:That form is the reason I decided to not apply to UConn.
Haha, yeah. I completely understand why now. I'm just mad that I looked at it AFTER I filled out their entire application including all electronic attachments. All the information they need certified can be found on the transcript. It would take me forever and a day to get the thing to them. Glad I'm not the only one.

hds2388

Bronze

Post by hds2388 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:02 am

It's a completely ridiculous idea; Brooklyn does the same thing. I mean, I wouldn't let it discourage you from applying, though. I brought it to my academic advising office and they knew what to do with it. You could just call ahead and talk to someone and explain the form to them, and then email it to them...I used to work in academic advising for a university, and not to pat myself on the back too hard, but advisers are generally at least nice people (if not always competent).

AustinOrgans

New

Post by AustinOrgans » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 am

as stars burn wrote:What is with the University of Connecticut's supplementary form? I just realized it as I was finishing up their tedious application and now I'm going to have to forgo applying because I live 3 hours from my college and won't be able to have them physically fill out this form. It seems a little ridiculous. Mailing it is not an option because I don't even know how to explain the form to them, and frankly, I don't have enough time to mail it to them, have them mail it back (because they'll charge me and arm and a leg for them to mail it), and then mail it to UConn.

I sent mine to my undergrad institution and they forwarded it to Uconn themselves (for free). And I believe there are instructions on the form for how your undergrad institution should handle it. I'm sure they're familiar with the procedure anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:29 am

OGR3 wrote:That form is the reason I decided to not apply to UConn.
+1 And I went UG there. It was too much. There was a couple similar apps I didnt get around to but cycle is over now.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:35 am

AustinOrgans wrote:
as stars burn wrote:What is with the University of Connecticut's supplementary form? I just realized it as I was finishing up their tedious application and now I'm going to have to forgo applying because I live 3 hours from my college and won't be able to have them physically fill out this form. It seems a little ridiculous. Mailing it is not an option because I don't even know how to explain the form to them, and frankly, I don't have enough time to mail it to them, have them mail it back (because they'll charge me and arm and a leg for them to mail it), and then mail it to UConn.

I sent mine to my undergrad institution and they forwarded it to Uconn themselves (for free). And I believe there are instructions on the form for how your undergrad institution should handle it. I'm sure they're familiar with the procedure anyway.
It's more of a time issue for me, and it's a repeat of what they can find on my college transcripts. It would probably take over a week for my school to certify this and send it to them.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:16 pm

I just scanned it and emailed it to the registrar's office at my UG.

They took care of the rest.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”