Swapping personal statements Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
aesis

Bronze

Re: Swapping personal statements

Post by aesis » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:33 am

I have a final draft to swap and will be submitting soon. PM me if yours is polished as well!

I also have a DS if you want to swap DS's.

screenname123456789

New

Post by screenname123456789 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:24 pm

PM me for a swap

justhoping

Bronze

Post by justhoping » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:03 am

pm for swap!

screenname123456789

New

Post by screenname123456789 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:24 am

PM me to swap

turnonbrightlights

New

Post by turnonbrightlights » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:45 pm

So I've swapped with 8 people (reviewing all 8), and had only 2 people return the favor. Not pleased :evil:

I'm on hopefully my final draft and would love for someone to give it a thorough review for grammar and content. I'll gladly return the favor. PM and please don't snub me!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bernadette1

New

Post by bernadette1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:50 am

i also need someone to look over my ps.

plan on submitting soon. would be eternally grateful.

PM me if you have the time.

screenname123456789

New

Post by screenname123456789 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:11 am

PM me to swap

getitdone

New

Post by getitdone » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 am

I would def trade with anyone, pm me

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Willing to swap DS's. I edit well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

screenname123456789

New

Post by screenname123456789 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:26 pm

PM me to swap I'll be at my computer until midnight

backtothebeat

New

Post by backtothebeat » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:07 pm

i have a very, very rough draft of my personal statement that i'd love to swap with someone. someone who is VERY critical!! :)

btr77

New

Post by btr77 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:21 pm

I am heading towards a final draft and would like to swap. I can offer good advice on tone, structure, and grammar. I work during the day, so depending on the number of swaps I will try to get you a response within 1 day.

P.S.
I am looking to send out apps early next week. Others in a similar situation please swap!

DamnLSAT

Bronze

Post by DamnLSAT » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:04 pm

I have a polished PS that I would like to swap with someone!

I'm applying before the end of the year, so I'm looking for a relatively quick turn around.

My strengths are structure and prose, so I am looking for a writing major or someone who is very experienced in grammar, syntax, etc to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

PM me!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DamnLSAT

Bronze

Post by DamnLSAT » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:01 am

DamnLSAT wrote:I have a polished PS that I would like to swap with someone!

I'm applying before the end of the year, so I'm looking for a relatively quick turn around.

My strengths are structure and prose, so I am looking for a writing major or someone who is very experienced in grammar, syntax, etc to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

PM me!
bump my post.

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:12 am

DamnLSAT wrote:

PM me!
bump my post.
PM'd to you, kind Sir or Madam!

DamnLSAT

Bronze

Post by DamnLSAT » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:45 am

Looking for people to to read my PS. Have sent to several people and no one has replied :(

Please PM me if you'd be willing to read it over and give comments.

Thanks!

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:58 pm

PM me!
Same here. My writing is especially clear. I am just wondering if it's too abstract. And if it gives insight into who I am.

Willing to swap. I can respond in a day.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

steventremblay

New

Post by steventremblay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:16 am

Hi All,

I'd love to swap my PS statement with someone. I've also included it below with the hopes of someone critiquing it asap (I plan on sending most of my applications in by the end of the week).

Mahalo!

2x + 4 = 8. After subtracting the 4 and dividing by 2, the solution is clearly x=2, but the conspicuous nature of this problem eluded many of the students I tutored. As a math major, I found it difficult to comprehend their confusion of such a fundamental concept. Yet as I prepared to graduate college and begin my career as an actuary, I too was perplexed on how to balance an equation. Except in this equation, I stood on the left side of the equals sign and my identical twin brother stood on the right. Our lives had always run parallel: we attended the same high school, had the same friends, received the same grades and had spent the past four years at the same university, where we lived in the same off-campus house. But our seemingly equal lives were about to diverge, and I became increasingly aware of an imbalance; he felt passion for his career in medicine, whereas I felt disdain for my actuarial future. After months of searching for a solution, I have found my passion in law. While my unique experience as an identical twin has driven me towards pursuing this passion, my study of mathematics has equipped me with an analytical mind able to succeed in my study of law.
Growing up with a genetic replica endowed me with an exceptional capability to self-reflect, as I constantly evaluate the aspects in which my brother and I are similar, but more importantly how and why we are different. We are both passionate about school and have a strong work ethic that is matched only by our focus on a healthy social life. However he is decisive while I often waver, self-assured while I frequently criticize myself. Our most important divergence became apparent in a crowded, unventilated auditorium as I watched my brother ceremoniously received his first white coat. I could sense his excitement for medicine, which contrasted sharply with the angst I felt for the monotone life of an actuary. During the trip home, I was determined to chart a new course by considering what gave me a similar passion. Inside of the classroom, I derived pleasure from the analytic nature of mathematics, in which I could deduce a result from a set of assumptions and principles. Outside of the classroom, I was enthralled with tutoring, and solely because it was an opportunity to interact with new people and help them in their academic ambitions. And one of the most exciting experiences of college was in dispute with our landlord over the terms of our lease. Acting as the legal ambassador of the house, I consulted with lawyers, researched extensively and scrutinized every clause of our lease to ensure that we were not manipulated. In the process, I discovered a confluence of my interest inside and outside of the classroom, and triggered an excitement to pursue the legal profession.
I believe success in such a career will be founded on my background as a math major. The common misperception of mathematics is that is a subject dominated by number-crunching, bar graphs and calculators. In actuality, mathematics is the study of relationships and systems based on definitions and assumptions. At an advanced level, numbers are replaced by symbols as one tries to prove a theory using logic and a precedent of previously-proven axioms. This subject may seem disjoint from the law, but I believe the analytic skills acquired mathematics will be extremely applicable to law. Using logic and definitions to build a proof of a complex theory corresponds to using legal precedent and reasoning to build an argument. By substituting variables with people, definitions with precedents and equations with legal discourse, I will take the skills acquired through the study of math and apply them to the study of law.
While being a twin has given me the immense power of self-exploration which has led to my pursuit of a law degree, majoring in mathematics will give me the tools needed to succeed in law school. Since my decision to pursue an education in law, I feel a great sense of balance; I am as passionate about my future as my brother was the day he received his white coat. Yet I also understand that this balance will continue to evolve as my brother and I further diverge. Succeeding as a law student, not as a twin, will drive me as I enter the next phase in my life.

yeahyeah2121

New

Post by yeahyeah2121 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Will read/line edit for a quick review of a 90% finished copy + feedback on style and grammar. PM me.

rso11

Bronze

Post by rso11 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:33 am

Hey! Anyone want to swap statements? I just rewrote my statement but it's not that rough...I also tend to give very detailed feedback. PM me!

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:00 pm

WILLING2SWAP.

Seriously.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chrissyc

Bronze

Post by chrissyc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:05 pm

aesis wrote:WILLING2SWAP.

Seriously.
I emailed you i think, no?

woodson21

New

Post by woodson21 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:12 pm

looking to swap with anybody. i can't seem to get anybody to read mine

icecold3000

Bronze

Post by icecold3000 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:31 pm

I would love to swap, send it my way.

mimi82

New

Post by mimi82 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi anyone willing to swap??? I finished my first draft and now working on my second. I have about 4 ppl already looking at mine but it would be great to have someone who doesn't know me to take a look. If so PM me!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”