My personal statement so far...Am I at least heading in the right direction? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: My personal statement so far...Am I at least heading in the right direction?

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:06 am

Tough to get past the statement: "Although Kitty was not successful in preventing Roger's execution...."

Your law school application personal statement shows enthusiasm for your interest in attending law school and in pursuing public interest law as a public defender. That is good, but you need to write in a more succinct fashion.

The last paragraph that you shared is unnecessary, in my opinion.

mjb447

Silver

Re: My personal statement so far...Am I at least heading in the right direction?

Post by mjb447 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:35 pm

I think I like the topic and general direction, but you'll probably ultimately want to cut a lot of what you have so far. Showing how each event caused another is fine up to a point, but I really don't think you need this level of detail concerning the book you read, the reasoning behind applying for this internship, AND how you felt about accepting the internship, especially since they all get at the same basic theme.

bns0021

New

Post by bns0021 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:05 pm

deleted

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”