PS Topic?? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Brasskncks

New

PS Topic??

Post by Brasskncks » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:05 pm

I was wondering what input you guys could give regarding a personal statement topic. Being as honest as possible, I have never faced adversity, I have never dealt with significant loss, and I have had a very easy life. I am a junior finance major and all my academic career has been around corporate transactions and financial modeling (IB). I interned at a medium sized law firm (150-200 lawyers) and got to work on the legal aspect of large billion-dollar transactions. I loved my experience at this firm and on top of that, my dad is a lawyer so I have a great idea about what the life of an attorney entails. I am quite intellectually curious as I read a lot and am minoring in law and public policy. I known I will be able to handle the workload of law school. Corporate law is my interest and I am having trouble thinking of a way to write this in a personal statement without sounding self-centered and greedy. Any thoughts?

cavalier1138

Re: PS Topic??

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:41 pm

Your PS should tell the adcomms something they can't learn by looking at your resume. A lot of what you said seems like stuff they could figure out from your resume, which is already tailored to corporate law. So I'd pick a personal story and just tell that, regardless of whether it's directly related to law school.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”