Help! I made a mistake on my PS. Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
intltradefuturelwyr

New

Help! I made a mistake on my PS.

Post by intltradefuturelwyr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:25 pm

I sent in my apps about a month ago but they were held for the December score. I just read my PS and saw I made an error (even though I swear I read it 200 times) I forgot a word and it's driving me crazy. What can I do? Can I email them with an "updated copy"? The type A in me is killing me!!

arroznueve

New

Re: Help! I made a mistake on my PS.

Post by arroznueve » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:59 pm

intltradefuturelwyr wrote:I sent in my apps about a month ago but they were held for the December score. I just read my PS and saw I made an error (even though I swear I read it 200 times) I forgot a word and it's driving me crazy. What can I do? Can I email them with an "updated copy"? The type A in me is killing me!!
Do not contact them over one missing word, especially when your applications were submitted a long time ago. One error of this nature is not going to change anything. You will not be the first one they've seen with a minor error, and they don't just sit there assuming you do not care or did not proofread or don't know how words work.

What you'd be best advised to do with your time is practice letting go. You'll have to do a lot of it in law school and in your life, so you can start with this one: don't let it bother you and be confident that you applications are strong enough to withstand a missing word.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”