C$F: Employment History (Should I include this?) Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

C$F: Employment History (Should I include this?)

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:28 am

Do you think that I should include this? They were minimum wage jobs over 6 years ago.

C&F: Employment History

During my one-semester leave of absence from College (DATE 20XX), I was relieved from my duties working the front desk at Planet Fitness in Kennesaw, Georgia. I agreed to work as a personal trainer at a competitor’s gym nearby, so I was released due to a conflict of interests by the gym’s General Manager.

Additionally, I left Dunkin Donut’s in Acworth, Georgia during the same timeframe. I was frustrated with certain aspects of the job and was not paid for all of my hours.

poptart123

Silver

Re: C$F: Employment History (Should I include this?)

Post by poptart123 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:31 am

C&F generally refers to disciplinary action(s). Neither of these seem to fit the case. Don't include, you will seem weird.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:39 am

Agreed, but on some apps it asks if you have been fired or asked to resign from any jobs. I assume they are not referring to jobs at this level, but that involves an assumption.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:Agreed, but on some apps it asks if you have been fired or asked to resign from any jobs. I assume they are not referring to jobs at this level, but that involves an assumption.
If it asks that specific question, then yes, your situations sound like they would fit.

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Post by Winter is Coming » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:Agreed, but on some apps it asks if you have been fired or asked to resign from any jobs. I assume they are not referring to jobs at this level, but that involves an assumption.
People abusing anon to give crappy advice. Follow the wording of the question closely; there's no harm in disclosing this type of stuff, but
if you're supposed to and you don't it might cause hiccups.

Mr. Archer

Bronze

Post by Mr. Archer » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Disclosing wouldn't hurt anything. It's not like i you did something egregious. I disclosed something similar to the gym situation. Better to be safe.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”