GPA Addendum Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
T Hagen

New

GPA Addendum

Post by T Hagen » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:21 pm

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, and if not, please let me know and I can relocate.

I plan on submitting a GPA addendum with my apps. My GPA (LSAC) is a 3.3, and degree (Econ) 3.7. Although some would probably say this isn't worthy of an addendum (depending on school) I feel like I need to provide an explanation for the strong upward trend in grades apparent in my transcripts. My question is, are the following facts appropriate for an addendum: I am the first in my family to enter/graduate college + working full time during fresh/soph years of college + playing soccer fresh/soph years of college (another full time thing) + school full time. The impetus for the change I made is the subject of my PS, although I do not mention my GPA in my PS, only the fact that the experience changed me and impelled me to perform better academically. The impetus guided me towards a career path about which I am passionate, and that helped me perform better in the classroom, which is consistent with my transcripts. Any thoughts on the appropriateness/potential effectiveness of this addendum?

oreomilkshake

New

deleted.

Post by oreomilkshake » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:05 am

deleted.
Last edited by oreomilkshake on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

T Hagen

New

Re: GPA Addendum

Post by T Hagen » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:21 am

oreomilkshake wrote:No, IMO not enough of a change to warrant an addendum. It's generally expected that there is an upward trend in UG grades.
T Hagen wrote:I am the first in my family to enter/graduate college
This could be a diversity statement.
T Hagen wrote:working full time during fresh/soph years of college + playing soccer fresh/soph years of college (another full time thing) + school full time.
This will be in your resume.
Thank you for this...As to your suggestion on creating a diversity statement on that topic (first college grad), would you take a look at my PS and agree or disagree with me on what I think is an appropriate place to mention this fact? I was refraining from doing so before in order to avoid redundancy [Addendum (probably not going to use anymore) & PS]

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”