Post removed... Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:48 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by Phoenix97 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Looking for Critique on Personal Statement...

Post by lymenheimer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Phoenix97 wrote:Topic centered upon near death medical issues and domestic violence. May sound like a lot, but I think I tie together pretty well.

Thanks.
You don't seem to really grasp the concept of a personal statement. I would suggest you draft something longer and more applicable to you. Remember, "show, don't tell". Here, you are doing nothing but telling. Also, the "I think" makes you sound unsure. If you are to use similar language, make it affirmative rather than uncertain (ie. "May sound like a lot, but I tie together pretty well"). However, you may want to adjust the wording there because you are not specifying what, or to what, you tie pretty well (you tie well to yourself? you tie the topic together well? you tie your shoe laces pretty well? It is certainly unclear based on this statement). HTH

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:08 pm

Post removed...

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Medical emergencies and domestic violence are topics that could work well for a PS....but you need to at least provide a draft.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:13 am

Phoenix97 wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
Phoenix97 wrote:Topic centered upon near death medical issues and domestic violence. May sound like a lot, but I think I tie together pretty well.

Thanks.
You don't seem to really grasp the concept of a personal statement. I would suggest you draft something longer and more applicable to you. Remember, "show, don't tell". Here, you are doing nothing but telling. Also, the "I think" makes you sound unsure. If you are to use similar language, make it affirmative rather than uncertain (ie. "May sound like a lot, but I tie together pretty well"). However, you may want to adjust the wording there because you are not specifying what, or to what, you tie pretty well (you tie well to yourself? you tie the topic together well? you tie your shoe laces pretty well? It is certainly unclear based on this statement). HTH
*That awkward moment when you continue to get TLS notifications from the emotionally unbalanced person you have on your 'ignore list'*
*that awkward moment when you continue to feed the "emotionally unbalanced" person by saying stupid things and making yourself a target*

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Post removed...

JazzyMac

Bronze

Post by JazzyMac » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:14 am

Phoenix97 wrote:
nlee10 wrote:Medical emergencies and domestic violence are topics that could work well for a PS....but you need to at least provide a draft.
I was a bit hesitant to post the full draft on a public forum due to the personal and sensitive subject matter and was hoping I could send to members through PM instead.
Open for biz. Shoot me a pm, no prob.

Monkey D Luffy

Bronze

Post by Monkey D Luffy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm open to critique. Shoot me a PM.

Phoenix97

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Phoenix97 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Post removed...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”