i have problem pls help me Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
SerPounceAlot

New

i have problem pls help me

Post by SerPounceAlot » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Ben Beitz and Barbara Barks are partners in Beitz & Barks Dogsitting Service, a business that focuses on providing in-home care and attention to clients’ dogs while the clients are away from home. The partnership’s assets have a value of approximatively $ 8 000. Barks went to First Insolvent Savings & Loan (FISL) and requested that FISL loan Beitz & Barks Dogsitting Service $ 7 000 so that the partnership could purchase a used van for use in connection with the firm’s business. FISL chose to make the loan, so it issued Barks a $7 000 check made payable to the order of Beitz & Barks Dogsitting Service. Barks cashed the check, took the $7 000, and fled for parts unknown, never to return. A month later, when the initial loan payment was not made, a FISL employee called the Beitz & Barks Dogsitting Service office. Asserting that the debt was a partnership debt, the FISL employee made demand upon Beitz for payment. The demand constituted Beitz’s first knowledge of the loan. He refused to make any payments on the loan.

Questions: Is Beitz justified in refusing to pay the debt? State the reasons for your answer.

The name's where changed and the companies name as well please help me. :!:

dowu

Platinum

Re: i have problem pls help me

Post by dowu » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:46 pm

SerPounceAlot wrote:Ben Beitz and Barbara Barks are partners in Beitz & Barks Dogsitting Service, a business that focuses on providing in-home care and attention to clients’ dogs while the clients are away from home. The partnership’s assets have a value of approximatively $ 8 000. Barks went to First Insolvent Savings & Loan (FISL) and requested that FISL loan Beitz & Barks Dogsitting Service $ 7 000 so that the partnership could purchase a used van for use in connection with the firm’s business. FISL chose to make the loan, so it issued Barks a $7 000 check made payable to the order of Beitz & Barks Dogsitting Service. Barks cashed the check, took the $7 000, and fled for parts unknown, never to return. A month later, when the initial loan payment was not made, a FISL employee called the Beitz & Barks Dogsitting Service office. Asserting that the debt was a partnership debt, the FISL employee made demand upon Beitz for payment. The demand constituted Beitz’s first knowledge of the loan. He refused to make any payments on the loan.

Questions: Is Beitz justified in refusing to pay the debt? State the reasons for your answer.

The name's where changed and the companies name as well please help me. :!:
This is not a legal advice forum.

User has been warned.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”