Topic Idea Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
kwabbs

New

Topic Idea

Post by kwabbs » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:59 am

Thinking about writing my P.S. on a drunk driving accident that killed one of my friends and how it's changed my outlook on life/ perception on the justice system.. (driver only charged with probation)

Would this be too cliche/ standard reoccurring story essay?

KMart

Gold

Re: Topic Idea

Post by KMart » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:10 am

You weren't the one driving, were you? If no, I'd say this is ok. If yes, this is an addendum and can be briefly addressed there.

Skool

Silver

Post by Skool » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:12 am

kwabbs wrote:Thinking about writing my P.S. on a drunk driving accident that killed one of my friends and how it's changed my outlook on life/ perception on the justice system.. (driver only charged with probation)

Would this be too cliche/ standard reoccurring story essay?
So what, you a prose-cutie, bro?

kwabbs

New

Post by kwabbs » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:28 am

imKMart wrote:You weren't the one driving, were you? If no, I'd say this is ok. If yes, this is an addendum and can be briefly addressed there.

Definitely wasn't involved in the accident at all. But I would love to do prosecution as a career I just don't want to come off as a punishment punishment punishment in my essay.

Skool

Silver

Post by Skool » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:43 am

Your topic is ok. But you should think very carefully about being a prosecutor in this country. The misery wrought by prosecutors in this country is an underreported scandal.

Bros don't let bros prosecute.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kwabbs

New

Post by kwabbs » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Skool wrote:Your topic is ok. But you should think very carefully about being a prosecutor in this country. The misery wrought by prosecutors in this country is an underreported scandal.

Am I bound to one area depending on what I mention I'm interested in my PS? I am very interested in criminal and family but obviously want to keep my options open once in school.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:25 pm

kwabbs wrote:
Skool wrote:Your topic is ok. But you should think very carefully about being a prosecutor in this country. The misery wrought by prosecutors in this country is an underreported scandal.

Am I bound to one area depending on what I mention I'm interested in my PS? I am very interested in criminal and family but obviously want to keep my options open once in school.
Not at all. They don't really expect you to know what you want to do with your life already.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”