PS Topic. 3 Choices, can't decide. Recommendatios? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
tgs310

New

PS Topic. 3 Choices, can't decide. Recommendatios?

Post by tgs310 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:29 pm

So i've got 3 topics that i have narrowed down for my PS topic. However, I am not too sure which one to go with, or if i should touch briefly upon a couple of them. they are as follows:

1. I am a triplet. I am the one boy with two sisters. We are very close, went to school together until college where we all branched off. We are 24 now. one of my sisters works at an ad agency now, and the other one is in med school. i also have a brother who is 3 years younger.

2. My parents are both in law. My mother is a city attorney and my father is a judge. What i would write about is how they actually sort if tried to push me away from going into law, but its what i have always been interested in. Now they are supporting me because they see how much i want this.

3. I have a learning disability that i was diagnosed with in 10th grade. I am kind of iffy on this one because i am not so sure what this has to do with me succeeding at law school, because i made it through college and two years at a full time job. The only thing i can think of is that if it hadnt been for my diagnosis in high school, i probably would not have made it to undergrad.

THanks for reading this, and help would be much appreciated!

tgs310

New

Re: PS Topic. 3 Choices, can't decide. Recommendatios?

Post by tgs310 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:37 pm

I have narrowed it down to being a triplet and having parents in law. I am leaning towards the parent topic. Any help in convincing me I am leaning the right way? Or any reason to go the other route? Please and thanks!

Gooner91

Silver

Post by Gooner91 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:39 pm

What would you write about in being a triplet?

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:50 pm

tgs310 wrote:I have narrowed it down to being a triplet and having parents in law. I am leaning towards the parent topic. Any help in convincing me I am leaning the right way? Or any reason to go the other route? Please and thanks!
I think you could effectively merge both these topics into a concise and purposed 2-page PS.

tgs310

New

Post by tgs310 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 pm

For the triplet topic, i've talked so far about how growing up with two sisters the same age has shaped me to look out for them (others) and how to make myself stand out when always being compared to my sisters. I also have written down about how close we were, and then adjusting to having my own identity for my first time in college when we branched out. Literally, from preschool-12th grade we were always associated with each other. It was pretty crazy/liberating going to college without them. Although i did miss them dearly.

tgs310

New

Post by tgs310 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:14 pm

I have written some rough ideas for the direction i want to take it, combining the first two topics. Would anyone be willing to take a look at it? Message me or post here, thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”