Deleted Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Pyromancer

New

Deleted

Post by Pyromancer » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:33 pm

deleted
Last edited by Pyromancer on Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oshberg28

Bronze

Re: PS Draft 2

Post by oshberg28 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Maybe I've been working for the USG for too long, but what is the "third sector" (I looked it up, so no need to respond)? That didn't ring a bell to me, and I have a B.S. in Business; so you may want to reconsider rewording that. Granted, I have been out of school for almost 7 years, so I could just be out of the loop on this one.

"...we were located in one of the main embassies in downtown London and apart of the “Hub” network." - Okay, I'm confused here. Were you working at a diplomatic mission, ie, a specific country's embassy? It doesn't sound like it based on your PS, but if so, define which one.

Pyromancer

New

Post by Pyromancer » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:39 pm

deleted
Last edited by Pyromancer on Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oshberg28

Bronze

Post by oshberg28 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:09 pm

LoganFL wrote:The third sector is another term for the voluntary sector and encompasses NGO's and the like. It was a term I'd heard used here in the States to some extent but across the pond it's their main terminology for it. Basically recognizes public and private sectors as 1 and 2 so hence the third.

No it was not a diplomatic mission for a particular nation, just located on the bottom two floors of a major embassy. I realize that may be extraneous information so anywhere that looks like it can be condensed down or expanded upon please let me know.
Gotcha on the third sector. Again, I could simply be out of the loop, but I would simply state "voluntary sector" vice "third sector". You don't want the adcoms to be confused as to what you are referring to.

I also think it would be a good idea to just state which embassy you were working at. "we were working at the (insert country)'s Embassy in London..."

The above are obviously minor edits. I'll let others chime in on your overall PS.

KingJamesLBJ

Bronze

Re: Deleted

Post by KingJamesLBJ » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:37 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”