Contracted work for prestigious organization - Resume? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Contracted work for prestigious organization - Resume?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:17 am

Hello, I was recently contracted to provide training to the staff of a prestigious organization. In regard to this position, I develop the curriculum and provide the training. The program itself is titled "Prestigious Organization Training Program." Moreover, the prestigious organization footed the bill for the program (which pays for my service). I am not technically a full-time employee of the organization and I will leave at the end of the program (which spans several months); nevertheless, I am paid by the prestigious organization, contracted by them, and in their facilities. Could I list this employment on my resume accordingly?

(There is no contract clause or notice that says that I cannot do this.)

Gradvocates Editing

New

Re: Contracted work for prestigious organization - Resume?

Post by Gradvocates Editing » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hello, I was recently contracted to provide training to the staff of a prestigious organization. In regard to this position, I develop the curriculum and provide the training. The program itself is titled "Prestigious Organization Training Program." Moreover, the prestigious organization footed the bill for the program (which pays for my service). I am not technically a full-time employee of the organization and I will leave at the end of the program (which spans several months); nevertheless, I am paid by the prestigious organization, contracted by them, and in their facilities. Could I list this employment on my resume accordingly?

(There is no contract clause or notice that says that I cannot do this.)
You can absolutely list this on your resume. The only time that this would ever present a problem for you in life is if you are applying to a job that requires a background check. In that situation, the employer might not be able to verify your employment because you were a contractor, and more detailed disclosure would be required.

Anonymous User

Re: Contracted work for prestigious organization - Resume?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Awesome, thank you!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”