My hailmary topic? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
LionelHutzJD

Silver

My hailmary topic?

Post by LionelHutzJD » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:06 pm

So with my LSAT score being the way it is, it cut my list of school possibilities to 1. This school, from what I hear will accept you with a stellar PS. Further, this school has a strong foundation in public interest law. So heres what im thinking.

I want to equate my poor performance on my lsat (scored 148, practicing at 162) with people from low income socioeconomic backgrounds. How I felt stuck and trapped with nowhere to go and how im glad i was able to experience this to truly know how it may feel...Something along these lines. I pretty much need a hailmary attempt...

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Re: My hailmary topic?

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Nope

Betharl

Bronze

Post by Betharl » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:17 pm

Wait, you want to write a personal statement about how you are glad you performed poorly on the LSAT beacuse it gave you an idea of what it would be like to be poor? You serious?

EvilClinton

Bronze

Post by EvilClinton » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:So with my LSAT score being the way it is, it cut my list of school possibilities to 1. This school, from what I hear will accept you with a stellar PS. Further, this school has a strong foundation in public interest law. So heres what im thinking.

I want to equate my poor performance on my lsat (scored 148, practicing at 162) with people from low income socioeconomic backgrounds. How I felt stuck and trapped with nowhere to go and how im glad i was able to experience this to truly know how it may feel...Something along these lines. I pretty much need a hailmary attempt...
This is literally one of the worst ideas I have ever heard of and also some what offensive.

joshhoward

Bronze

Post by joshhoward » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 pm

flame, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 pm

LionelHutzJD wrote:So with my LSAT score being the way it is, it cut my list of school possibilities to 1. This school, from what I hear will accept you with a stellar PS. Further, this school has a strong foundation in public interest law. So heres what im thinking.

LOL

iqbalicarus

New

Post by iqbalicarus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Fucking hilarious

fruitoftheloom

Bronze

Post by fruitoftheloom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Brilliant OP. I think you should do it.

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:49 pm

definitely go for it
:roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:04 am

:shock:

...because surely, being from a "low income socioeconomic background" is a prerequisite to scoring horribly on the LSATs...and scoring horribly is a great way to "truly know how it may feel" to be disadvantaged/poor.

OMG. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:07 am

no.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 am

If you were practicing at 162 but scored a 148, retaking for that 162+ is a lot better of an idea than writing a ridiculous personal statement...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”