C & F Addendum Critique Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Tdawg

New

C & F Addendum Critique

Post by Tdawg » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Tdawg on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: C & F Addendum Critique

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Too much drama. (I'm not saying the situation wasn't dramatic; I'm saying your addendum shouldn't be.)

Try something more like:
During my first two(?) years at XXXX University, I suffered from debilitating depression, partially due to my father's death. I sought treatment from a general practitioner and was prescribed several medications, but these actually exacerbated my condition, resulting in a 0.73 GPA. I was placed on academic probation by xxxxxx University. During the winter mini-term of 2006, I took a class at xxxxxx College, received an F, and was placed on academic probation at this institution. The following semester I was placed on academic suspension by xxxxxx University. I left school and returned home to seek further help and establish a more healthy routine. Professional counseling and reunion with my family, from whom I had isolated myself for several years, gradually helped me establish a healthy routine. I re-entered YYYYY School and my grades gradually improved. My GPA since the fall of 2009 is 3.74, which I believe is more indicative of my true abilities.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”