Anyone here appllying UF? about their'academic statement' Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Ineedapillow

New

Anyone here appllying UF? about their'academic statement'

Post by Ineedapillow » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:02 pm

I am applying UF, but it seems they don't ask for personal statement, instead they want an' academic statement'. I called their office they said they just changed their policy this year,here is the description of that statement:

This statement should focus on academic skills and experiences. The statement may include, but need not be limited to, information regarding academic interests, academic experiences and scholarly activities. Academic information should focus on undergraduate and post-graduate work and may include relevant experiences gained in a professional work setting.
Examples of academic information include research experiences and projects such as lab research projects and extensive research papers, senior or graduate theses or dissertations. The applicant’s academic experiences and academic skills should be the dominant theme of the statement.

Both my undergrad and grad school majors are engineering, so for my statement, should I give details about some scientific projects I did and connect them to law school?

bluepenguin

Bronze

Re: Anyone here appllying UF? about their'academic statement'

Post by bluepenguin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:07 pm

It looks like it, but by reading that it sounds like they want to know how those things helped you develop analytical thinking skills, teamwork ability, writing ability, presentation ability, study skills, etc.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”