Short GPA Addendum Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
eyescream

New

Short GPA Addendum

Post by eyescream » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks all.
Last edited by eyescream on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cobretti

Gold

Re: Short GPA Addendum

Post by Cobretti » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 pm

I'd write it if it was <2.0. Sounds like you have a very simple and straightforward reason too, so I don't see how it could do anything but help you.

SumStalwart

Bronze

Post by SumStalwart » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Whoa, eyescream, we have a very similar reason for GPA addendum! In fact, I have a post inquiring about the same stuff. Woo! Go Concurrent Degrees!

Honestly, I would go ahead and write the addendum. Make sure to showcase your improved statistics. Be careful not to sound whiny-- you had a tough run, but you were able to persevere. The worst case scenario, you will draw the admissions committee's attention to you transcripts (which, honestly, is a good thing. You WANT them to consider your entire academic history).

eyescream

New

Post by eyescream » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:03 pm

we're secretly the same person, sumstalwart. what's the link to your addendum? i'll return the favor and read through yours.

thanks mates

wwUSMC84

New

Post by wwUSMC84 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

SumStalwart wrote: Honestly, I would go ahead and write the addendum. Make sure to showcase your improved statistics. Be careful not to sound whiny-- you had a tough run, but you were able to persevere. The worst case scenario, you will draw the admissions committee's attention to you transcripts (which, honestly, is a good thing. You WANT them to consider your entire academic history).
I agree whole heartedly with this.

We all face adversity and screw ups. It's ok to screw something up, just not to screw up the same thing twice. Make your case, tell them what you learned from this occurance, and how you came out the other side with sage like wisdom. All they can do is say no, but don't let it be because you didn't try to explain the circumstances contributing to said screw problems.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eyescream

New

Post by eyescream » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Alright. Is the current addendum fine? I was going for succinct, but I can add more about the "this is what I learned" and such.

SumStalwart

Bronze

Post by SumStalwart » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Haha, maybe... O.o

Here's the link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=196495

I am pretty sure that I am going to end up writing the addendum. There's just too much going on not to :/.

You know, I like the brevity, but I think that you should go into a little bit more detail about how many hours you worked and how many you went down to. That way, it'll give them something tangible, and the fact that you still were working, while maintaining the heavy course loads.

Here is a TLS addendum link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/appendixd.html

Super useful, and gives you some other perspectives ( I would recommend not just looking at this page, but exploring the entire "book").

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”