Connection to a character in a book? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Connection to a character in a book?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:16 pm

So in my past readings I came across a character in a book that I really felt I related to. Although we did not go through the same experiences,
I could not help but feel empathy for the character. I also kept thinking in the back of my head (wow, this is me).

Would it seem too risky and unconventional if I wanted to explore (in my PS) how that experience gave me more insight into who I am as a person and
how I view myself?

If you need more concrete detail I can always PM you. Don't want to out myself by posting what I have so far.

Balthy

Silver

Re: Connection to a character in a book?

Post by Balthy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So in my past readings I came across a character in a book that I really felt I related to. Although we did not go through the same experiences,
I could not help but feel empathy for the character. I also kept thinking in the back of my head (wow, this is me).

Would it seem too risky and unconventional if I wanted to explore (in my PS) how that experience gave me more insight into who I am as a person and
how I view myself?

If you need more concrete detail I can always PM you. Don't want to out myself by posting what I have so far.

I think you should write it and see how it turns out. It sounds like a good platform to describe your qualities. Though I think actually showing those qualities through some anecdote is generally a better idea, excellent writing can always make a different approach work.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”