First PS draft. Far from perfect. Seeking a little guidance! Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
ohwhereohwhere

New

First PS draft. Far from perfect. Seeking a little guidance!

Post by ohwhereohwhere » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 am

I talked out a few topics with a friend, and I determined that this particular story - a brain surgery I had that lead me away from the USAF and into college was the best thing to write about. This is my first draft of it.

-As a note, the Congressman I talk about also went to Law School at one of the school's I'm applying to. For that particular school, should I change that as to not make it look like "Hey, this person went here. I worked for this person. So, you should let me go here, too." ? I don't want to look like I'm trying to suck up or something.

EDIT: Instead of slamming the entire thing here, would it be easier to just PM a link to people?

Please let me know if you're willing to take a look. I'll PM you.

CorkBoard

Gold

Re: First PS draft. Far from perfect. Seeking a little guidance!

Post by CorkBoard » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 pm

ohwhereohwhere wrote: EDIT: Instead of slamming the entire thing here, would it be easier to just PM a link to people?
No.

Br3v

Gold

Re: First PS draft. Far from perfect. Seeking a little guidance!

Post by Br3v » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 pm

ohwhereohwhere wrote:I talked out a few topics with a friend, and I determined that this particular story - a brain surgery I had that lead me away from the USAF and into college was the best thing to write about. This is my first draft of it.

-As a note, the Congressman I talk about also went to Law School at one of the school's I'm applying to. For that particular school, should I change that as to not make it look like "Hey, this person went here. I worked for this person. So, you should let me go here, too." ? I don't want to look like I'm trying to suck up or something.

EDIT: Instead of slamming the entire thing here, would it be easier to just PM a link to people?

Please let me know if you're willing to take a look. I'll PM you.
I dont think it would be to bad if you mentioned that about the congressmen in passing like "by luck would have it he also went to X" or something

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”