Does this sound like an okay PS conclusion? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
lawschool89

New

Does this sound like an okay PS conclusion?

Post by lawschool89 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Last edited by lawschool89 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

horrorbusiness

Silver

Re: Does this sound like an okay PS conclusion?

Post by horrorbusiness » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:23 pm

how many hours total did you volunteer at this homeless shelter?

FryBreadPower

Silver

Post by FryBreadPower » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:43 pm

horrorbusiness wrote:how many hours total did you volunteer at this homeless shelter?
+1

Also I wouldn't worry about the business/public interest issue; plenty of people who are Public Interest Lawyers/non profit directors have mba's/business experience. I do think you need to make a strong connection between working at the shelter and becoming a public interest lawyer; I need to see the string of logic from point A to B to C.

lawschool89

New

Post by lawschool89 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:19 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:how many hours total did you volunteer at this homeless shelter?
+1

Also I wouldn't worry about the business/public interest issue; plenty of people who are public interest lawyers/non profit directors have mba's/business experience. I do think you need to make a strong connection between working at the shelter and becoming a public interest lawyer; I need to see the string of logic from point A to B to C.
About 5 hours every week for almost a year. If I were to stick with my original conclusion of how it impacted me as a person, do you think that would be appropriate? Or should I definitely try and talk about it's influence on wanting to go into public interest law? Although I do have a genuine interest in pursuing public advocacy, there are other fields of law that are also appealing and I would have to sit down and really plan out the logic (like you were saying) if I were to write about that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”